Selecting colours

whippet-gal

I was looking through some older posts on the Dura-Craft forum & found these 2 great sites on colour mentioned.

I thought they were worth another plug & wanted to say thanks for the links to CatColorado:

http://www.colormatters.com/colortheory.html

and

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

They'll be very useful :D

Jackie

Thanks for sharing the Links! Color choices is always something I struggle with :D

As do I so I will have to allow myself to take a good browse here when I am in the planning stage for the next one, that is if the Haunted house kit doesn't keep her "pestering" up about wanting to be a cutsey looking house for my brother's little girl.... (I don't do cute....)

Hugs

Anna, I don't "do" cute, either, but the Haunted House can't be anything else if it isn't haunted! Even without the gingerbread (y'all may notice I tend to leave off as much of the gingerbread trim as I think I can get away with!)

Anna, I don't "do" cute, either, but the Haunted House can't be anything else if it isn't haunted! Even without the gingerbread (y'all may notice I tend to leave off as much of the gingerbread trim as I think I can get away with!)

Oh I know about if it isn't haunted kind of idea... But I am also very keen on the witchy/wizardy/haunted scenes LOL, and I first had this idea for the HH kit to be a bookstore/celestial maps and crystal shop behind the bedaed crystal cutains into the other room and a tarot reading owner inhabiting the upstairs... A pretty worn down kind of look, a hint of bayoux and vines growing along the gables, a trapped soul somewhere etc... ack what to do what to do????

But I will use the colour site when getting back to the Chantilly though....

Hugs

Oh I know about if it isn't haunted kind of idea... But I am also very keen on the witchy/wizardy/haunted scenes LOL, and I first had this idea for the HH kit to be a bookstore/celestial maps and crystal shop behind the bedaed crystal cutains into the other room and a tarot reading owner inhabiting the upstairs... A pretty worn down kind of look, a hint of bayoux and vines growing along the gables, a trapped soul somewhere etc... ack what to do what to do????

But I will use the colour site when getting back to the Chantilly though....

Hugs

Hello Anna,

Have you seen the Woodcraft Fantasy Villa? I know it would take quite a bit of work (and Polyfilla/spackle) to make it into an acceptable house, rather than a wooden puzzle, but the style would fit perfectly with your 'witchy' ideas.

If you've not seen it, just do a search on here - it's been mentioned a few times recently.

Jackie

Kind of like the way Melissa did hers?

Arrrgh, yes!!! Now I just have to convince her (this one is also a definite "her" I think LOL) that this is the look to go for and not cutsey :)

Thanks for reminding me, it is a lot like what I had in mind!!!

Hugs