This is a kind of neat old house...

uppitycats

i like it, too, and i mulled abt bidding, but

... true confessions: i bought 2 more houses, from somebody in a town nearby. got the two for less than $20 total, since i can drive and pick those up. am planning to i know what i want to do with one, don't know for sure abt the other. one is a Tiffani/Santa house that i'm planning to re-do and i'm not sure about the other's identity yet.

now, if i can just win that kit i want (santa, it's not too late!) i can get going and build...

and get the flooring, wiring, wallpapers in hand to renovate something soon ... nah, this isn't addictive at all. i just need to remember to save money for food 'n trifles.

Check some of the old furniture stores & thrift shops for armoires and cabinets, I've read on other forums people making dollhouses/ "babyhouses" in pieces of cabinet furniture & finishing them off as houses.

Bookshelves and cabinets are also useful for temporary quarters, when you want to display furniture and accessories, but you haven't yet built the house. The pirates are currently living in IKEA cabinets amidst the books and china:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35684487@N00/...57594449210488/

I'm with ya on "I don't need another house... oops, there's another house I need!" This half-scale baby was on a dusty, high shelf in a dollhouse store in upstate New York and dates from the brief half-scale boom of the 1980s:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35684487@N00/...57594450996799/

I have no idea what I'm doing with it, but it had to come home so it wouldn't go in the trash when the store owners retire.

There are no dimensions listed, but it would make a neat wall hanging house. Some (what looks like) 1/2 inch scale furniture. Price is right, but shipping would kill the deal I think.

Calamari - I love the little worker guys in the little house. And that pirate is pretty cool.

I took another look at the eBay house (which I swear I'm not going to bid on, I'm not!)... I think it's 1:18 (three-quarter scale). The half-scale-ish Marx furniture is way too small, but it's not enough too small for a 1:12 house. Also, the 1:12 shingles are way too big for the house.

1:18 used to be a much more common scale than it is now. Stores like Sears and Montgomery Ward stocked a ton of plastic furniture sets in 1:18, back in the 1960s, because those fit the tin-litho houses made by Marx and other manufacturers. If so, the options for furniture are:

• Lundby (expensivo!)
  • Vintage Marx, Plastco, Renwal, etc. (all over eBay, prices vary)
  • Vintage Strombecker and similar chunky word furniture