Knitting and cochet mini's

lumberjacksgurl

Hi everyone, I was reading my email from Lion brand and came across these two pages they have for some doll projects, complete with instructions for mini knitting and crochet baskets and printies for labels.

Here are the links.....if I can do this :S

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/ktif-dollSweater.html

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/ki-dollPoncho.html

Ok I obviously do not know how to make them links.....lol.maybe someone can enlighten me :D...but u can paste into your browser!!!

Jack'sgurl

Well what do you know......they were made into links afterall!!!!

:):( :w00t: :(:( :nana: :nana: :nana:

I still haven't found the "lace-weight" yarns to try, I've been working in single-strand embroidery floss and sewing thread, although I did crochet a mini cap from thin candlewicking that was fun.

When I have more time I'll check out your links, I may want to bookmark this one!

I use the 30 weight crochet thread for blankets/bedspreads. I have a stash of it from my grandmother. All I can find in that weight new is white and ecru (off white). I have an afgan going and it is in a heavy sewing thread that you can find in the embroidery sewing machine section of Joanns. I use needle 9 for bedspreads and needle 14 for little stuff. (and magnifying glasses - extra strength)

I use DMC 80 for many of my mini knitting projects. I buy it at AC Moore, so it is easy to find and works well in scale. Comes in several colors. For a wool look, I use DMC Medicis, which can be found at many full service needlework shops. I use a silk embroidery thread called Splendor when I want a more drape-able thread.

There are several web sites that have free mini knit patterns. Let me know if you would like the links.

Jeri

What size knitting needles do you use?

I never did learn to crochet. I think my dad can do more crochetting than I can. My mom tried to teach me, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. I did pick up knitting from her, though.

• 1 month later...
I just found this website: http://miniatureknitting.com/index.html. Has anyone ever ordered from them?

I haven't ordered from that sight, but recently ordered several of her patterns from Swallowhill Dolls. I only got them last week, but with my wrist problems don't know when I will be able to work them.