The Rosedale (Any Pics)?

iluvdhs04

I've dug out the "Rosedale" kit I've had for several years. Does anyone have pictures of this house completed and decorated? I have the pictures from the factory carton; but am looking for some inspiration to narrow my choices for the interior. Any help would be most appreciated!

I'm taking a bit of a breather from working on the "Harrison." I've reached a good stopping point and I need to move it out of the small room where I've been assembling it (before erecting the towers and bay windows; or it'll be a permanent fixture in that room, because it'll never get through the doorway LOL).

Rae

Oops, I shouldn't have called them (plural), "Towers." However, the instruction sheet that came with the kit refers to the large 5-sided, 2-story bay-window as a "Tower." And no, it won't fit through the narrow doorway of my 2nd bathroom if I erect the bays.

Sorry for any confusion.

Rae

When I looked at its picture again I thought of the larger bay, but what I call "tower" sticks up (vertically) at least one more floor/ level than the main structure of the house, otherwise I'd call it an "ell". Hoo, boy, another reason to get & build a Harrison, I see...

:o Actually, I have drawn on the cover of my Harrison Box Pointed Towers where the bays are :( . It's funny how we all can see a house and see similar things to do to them :p It's funny how on other forums I belong to, people get upset and feel epople are "copying" there work. I call it being "inspired" to do something similar.

Keep up the Creativity!! It helps us all to grow.

I have a Rosedale in the Garage and I think Linda has this one too! Mine is in the box still and so is Linda's I believe so I can't wait to see yours!

I've heard of reading magazines in the bathroom, but building a house???!!!!

Since it's not our main bathroom, it's a safe, out-of-the way place to spread out all the building parts without fear of them being stepped on, or getting bumped into. But now that the shell (minus the tower / bay windows) is up, I need to move it, before proceeding further with it

Rae

on other forums I belong to, people get upset and feel epople are "copying" there work.

Tracy, I have two thoughts on that subject:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and

No matter how much someone imitates something else, if they are using the ideas rather than trying to make an exact copy, it can't be the same because a different mind with different experiences & point of view is interpreting it.

I use books by both Sue Heaser & James Carrington to make dolls. No one could ever in their wildest imaginings think for one minute that one of my dolls looks like anything either Sue Heaser OR James Carrington has ever made, much less any combination of the two styles. My little people look as much like people I see when I go out as I can make them!

Tracy, I have two thoughts on that subject:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and

No matter how much someone imitates something else, if they are using the ideas rather than trying to make an exact copy, it can't be the same because a different mind with different experiences & point of view is interpreting it.

I use books by both Sue Heaser & James Carrington to make dolls. No one could ever in their wildest imaginings think for one minute that one of my dolls looks like anything either Sue Heaser OR James Carrington has ever made, much less any combination of the two styles. My little people look as much like people I see when I go out as I can make them!

And a very fine job you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!