More pictures

mariaskid

Hi everyone.... just to say I finally put in new pictures of my villa... George street.... (my WW2 house) I managed to get the living room curtains up... but alas not yet in the front bedroom.... and there is a sad lack of lampshades as well...... but I have made the married daughter who has moved in while her husband is in the forces...... So thats the old granny, the mother, the daughter (and baby) and the evacuee...... the house is filling up slowly...

margaret

That is a very handsome house! I like the stained glass window and the kitchen door. The hallway with the false wall is very clever, over all the place looks very realistic. Love the petitpoint, the dolls, and the comfortable, cozy atmosphere. :)

looking good!

I always enjoy looking at your dolls and the wobbly cottage...its one of my favorites. and of course you know how I feel about your dolls...amazing as always!

the new house is comming along nicely!

love the hidden bathroom!

great idea

nutti :)

Margaret, I love George Street-- it has such character-- I swear I could detect cooking smells in the kitchen (did they have cabbage last night?) Mostly I loved that darling pink-cheeked baby.

My sister pointed out the fact that you put chimney breasts in your house. I never have the patience to put them in my own rooms-- it's all slap up the wallpaper quickly and move in the furniture for me-- but she pointed out how that bit of effort really repaid itself, and enhanced the furniture (look at that wardrobe in your bedroom, set in between the chimney breast and the wall.) Great inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.

Bee

Margaret, I LOVE your George street and I also love how you made the Orchid kit a front opening house.

Your houses look so lived in that I wonder do your dolls "REALLY" "LIVE" there. You have achieved what every miniaturists try there best to acheive and that is realism! :)

Margaret your house is so wonderful! I feel like I could move on in with the rest of the family! :) I love how you added the little bathroom at the back of the hall. Too clever!!

Thanks folks for all the nice comments... I have managed to get on broadband at last and I have been busy looking at everyones albums.... Gosh I am so impressed, and the best thing is that all the houses are so different. Its great to see how each person makes their house so individual. I guess thats the best thing about the dolls house hobby - we each make it out own.

So... back to my house viewing.....

Margaret

where did you get that little bassinet

I got it in a little american kit on ebay.... it came with a little rocking chair, a beside table, a pacifier and babies rattle......now I am frantically trying to remember who made it... drat...

When I saw it I thought it looked quite 40s or 50s - and it was either that or the visiting baby would have to sleep in a drawer!!! I did have a proper cot but it was too big to fit comfortable beside the bed..

margaret

I dont seem to have quite worked out this quote thingy

Margaret,

go to your My ebay to the list of things you have won and look up the bassinet item...unless you got it a while ago it can be found there.

as for the quote thingy I too had problems

just add another quote at the end of your sentance. one at the front and one at the back.

cant wait to see more of your crayon cottage...wow that one is loud.

nutti