My Aster photos & the octagon window turned round

Marlene

Wonderful Orchid! I am in awe! The round curtain turned out just right. That is exactly the same bathroom set I'm getting for my Arthur. I love chrisynbon sets. I can tell a lot of time and effort went into this little shop. It is absolutely wonderful! :)

marlene Ive just been looking at your Orchid... mmmmmmm its wonderful, I am just starting off an Orchid myself so I was so interested. What a great job you made of it... and the garden too. I loved the wee teddy bears looking out the window onto the garden - its just full of super details. As for the bed in the window alcove..... wouldn't you just love to wake up there and switch on the radio..... peek out of the round window (with the great curtain we all love)

You know what? I could just move right in there in a minute.

Margaret :)

Thank you all for your kind words on my dollhouse. You are more than generous. :)

As I am sure you can see, I am a big DIY'er, as that is the most fun part for me. My first dollhouse was made when I lived in Ontario and had Michigan with all of its wonderful stores just a stones throw away. However, now I am in Quebec, it is basically a french area and nobody even knows what I am talking about when I say I am building a dollhouse. So not only am I isolated here but also information or supplies do not exist. I have been able to find a few magazines from England on dollhouses and I can tell you there are read almost with a microscope.

With my new house, I plan on learning how to do wicker, make some wow beds and draperies and maybe even try my hand at some furniture building. I really set no time period for my houses...it's all just things that "happen" to come together and if I like it...and well...that's the most important part.

In checking back on my post, I also was checking everyone's photos who wrote replies as well. Not only have I seen a few very interesting ideas for my next one in progress but also have learned a lot too in all the construction pics.

This seems like a great group and hope that I can learn and maybe even contribute something "brilliant" once in a while.

Thanks again for all your encouraging comments.

Marlene

http://community.webshots.com/user/marleneholmes

Ok here is my little bit of brilliant...just hope my first time at wiring works as easy as the first time of the curtain.

As for the curtain...I went to Wal-Mart bought these cheap huge round earring hoops (the ones that close into themselves) and that was my curtain rod for the outside. The material is just a long rectangle with slanted ends. I made a small hem on one side of my fabric which was approx. 3 times the length of the circumference of my window. Then for the center, I cut the material at a large angle on the ends so that there would be less material in the middle than on the outside. I made another little hem (to make it look like a rod was there) and then just sewing a single line down near the hemline and left the thread long. I then put the earring rod through the longer side and taped the earring closed once all the material was on there. I then pulled the thread on the inside as tightly as possible. And it worked.

The earring part was my idea and a few people also contributed ideas from the forum as well. I then took what I thought would work from everyone and poof...I got lucky.!

Thanks again

Marlene

http://community.webshots.com/user/marleneholmes