Making Lamps

Blondie

Try to talk to the lab technician at your doctor's office. The caps on their vials make wonderful shades! I have a lamp in my album made with one.

I did a retro floor lamp out of a cocktail stirrer, some round window punchouts, poster board folded into cones and painted gold, and embroidery floss and a bead for the cord and plug.

post-329-1165986315_thumb.jpg

I also make "Gone with the Wind" lamps out of two crystal beads and some jewelry fittings.

I don't have tutorials for them, but you can see from the pictures how they're put together.

Carol did a really cool bead chandelier with a "how-to" here.

If you're thinking about lighting up your lamps, you can buy grain of wheat bulbs very cheaply and add them into your lamps. I've done that with a few things as well as lighting up a crystal ball with one.

Deb

Non-working lamps? Well, now! I made some truly hideous Victorian parlor lamps using beads, mini vases, two matched sea urchin shells (they make magnificent tacky oil-lamp globes!) and jewelry fndings. I made truly ornate chandeliers (with bead candles) from a pair of matching brooches and old chain bracelet links. I think they may all show up in the Cambridge parlor/ diningroom pictures in a couple of my albums.

this is the best time for making lights.

get thee to the nearest christmas shoppe,hobby Lobby,wal-marts and take a good look at the fancy ornaments. we made the light in our Mckinley with one and 3 pairs of earings for the kid and her friends.

I recently got 2 ornaments from Micheals that I think will make wonderful light fixtures!

and especially if you want non working ones...that would be even easier!

nutti :wave: