Flooring

Blondie

Hi all.

I bought this flooring from Ernie for my bathroom: http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index...asp&P=7328X

I'm not ready to install it yet, but I thought about cutting it to see how it looks in the room. Do you just measure and Xacto? I know it's not rocket science or anything, but I'm nervous about cutting the large, lovely sheet.

I usually make a template from typing paper, and once I am satisfied with the template fit, I trace the template onto the foor and then cut. Might be a bit over cautious for some, but I am mistake prone and prefer to make my mistakes on scrap paper.

Jeri

I lay a piece of newspaper over the surface I want a pattern for and crease it carefully along the edges where surfaces meet at right angles. I cut off the excess and then lay the newspaper in again to make sure the fit's exact. I mark the top of the newspaper with a scrap of masking tape for the "right" side and lay it right side down on the back of the wallpaper or fabric for carpet or tile for flooring (whatever) and use a steel straight edge to cut carefully around it.

I almost never get it right on the first go-round.