Beacon Hill (back doors?)

Moon

Does anyone know when the Beacon Hill began to be produced WITHOUT the back doors? It appears now at the shop as open back, and I'm trying to narrow down the production date of the house I rescued.

Thanks in advance!

Can you post a pic of where you think these doors go? Since the back of the house is open, I'm having trouble visualizing the back doors. (As far as I know the Beacon Hill has always had an open back.)

• Like 2

If your Beacon Hill has back doors, the owner probably either made them or had them made.  Most US dollhouses are open at least in the back, since they are designed to be played with.  UK dollshouses usually have hinged fronts, I suppose to keep out dust.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fov said:

Can you post a pic of where you think these doors go? Since the back of the house is open, I'm having trouble visualizing the back doors. (As far as I know the Beacon Hill has always had an open back.)

They are in terrible disrepair, but the doors go here:

doors.png

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

If your Beacon Hill has back doors, the owner probably either made them or had them made.  Most US dollhouses are open at least in the back, since they are designed to be played with.  UK dollshouses usually have hinged fronts, I suppose to keep out dust.

These are the doors in question. I can take a better pic tomorrow, in daylight. The inside area of the door has maybe 3 layers of wallpaper (that I can appreciate), to match the 3 stories of the house, wherever there is any left.

doors.png

9 hours ago, Moon said:

These are the doors in question.

I think they were made by the person who built the house. If they were provided by the manufacturer, they likely would have had windows. I have been pondering how to shape Plexiglas to enclose my BH. These are giving me an idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

I think they were made by the person who built the house. If they were provided by the manufacturer, they likely would have had windows. I have been pondering how to shape Plexiglas to enclose my BH. These are giving me an idea.

Thanks, Kathie! I've never seen doors with windows, but that together with your plexiglass idea give me inspiration for new doors! Guess I'll add that to the list of things I'd like to do. LOL!

I was hoping to narrow down how old the dollhouse is, with knowledge of if it came with doors or not. Guess what I'm ripping the siding off of first? 😄

Agreed, I think they're custom made. Once you remove the wallpaper and siding and see the wood, you'll see if it's the same kind of wood as the rest of the kit or not (but I suspect it's not).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...