Greetings from Nova Scotia

Megoo

Howdy! I'm a semi-experienced miniaturist, been tinkering away for my whole life. I got particularly into minis in 2018 when I was introduced to all-in roombox kits. I've built a few, most of which I have altered. Many, many years ago, knowing nothing at all, I tried to build my first dollhouse kit - a Greenleaf. I don't remember which model, but I remember doing everything wrong, and stomping on it in the yard. I kid you not. I smushed that house real good. Last year I build a RGT kit for a friend's granddaughter, and I loved it.

I'm awaiting delivery of my Greenleaf Glencroft kit next week, and am so excited!I love the architectural details of this Tudor Revival kit, which fits in with an idea I've been hatching for a long time. I grew up in a Tudor Revival house in Toronto, and hope to add a few details that that house had.

Hi Meg :wave:  Welcome to the forum. Here's hoping your relationship with the Glencroft doesn't come to a tragic end! Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a dumb questions --- if you need help to get through a challenging step, others will have been there before and can offer guidance.

Welcome to the little family, Meg.  What helped me considerably in building any Greenleaf kit was to put it together first using masking/ painters' tape (called dry fitting) and I found out it not only helps me to understand the instructions or else find another way to do it that will work for me, but if the tabs and slots don't quite line up I can adjust them for a better fit.  I wanted my Glencroft to become Miss Marple's cottage, but mine wanted to become a pub...

dressing the Glencroft pub

Welcome Meg :wave:

Ask for help if you get frustrated with the Glencroft.....This builder has a great blog and has built too many dollhouses to count. It might help if you get stuck.....https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-glencroft-dollhouse-blog.html

It looks like she built it in 8 days......She is super human so don't think it will only take 8days. Take your time and enjoy.