Hinge advice

dcr

I'm making the Laurel dollhouse. I'd like to hinge the doors. Does anyone have recommendations about which hinge to use? Also, I would love any installation advice. Thanks.

I used to cut strips of chamois 3/8' wide and 6" long and cut them into 2" lengths and glue half their width to the side I wanted to hinge and glue the other half of the door over it.  When it was dry I'd glue the other half to the wall and glue the doorway trim over that; it's how I hinged the doors and all but one of the windows in my Glencroft.  I have since begun making new doors and sometimes windows for my houses, and I pin-hinge those.

• Like 1

I loathe mini hinges and often say that they are the devil!

Getting the tiny nails in the slots is difficult, and if I succeed, they usually fall out.

I think pin hinges work the best if you want an operational door. You can use the hinges as decorative instead of functional.

Here is a tutorial about using fabric like @havanahollymentioned

http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/2018/04/1-inch-scale-dollhouse-small-sink-how.html

• Like 1