Hello!

Leata

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading posts for several months, but am just now joining! I built my first house (The Laurel) while stuck at home over the last year. It was much harder than I thought, and I like the results well enough, but it is very, very far from perfect, and in some places is pretty sad, honestly. I wasn't planning on doing anything else dollhouse related right away, but I was visiting my father last night, and he mentioned that someone in his neighborhood had a huge dollhouse in their yard with a "free" sign on it.

I was intrigued, so trotted on over to find a huge house-- really good bones, and the inside is in pretty good shape, with working windows and especially nice floors (and a staircase with a turn!). Definitely needs some TLC. After discovering it wouldn't fit in my car (not a tiny car!) my dad and I carried it back to his house, where it barely fit through the door. I have no idea how old it is (not super old) or what type it is (I've done some research with no results-- I'. excited to do a "What is this house?" post as soon as I'm able to post pictures)

I have this feeling that the purpose of stumbling through my first house was to introduce me to the process and educate me on the pitfalls so I would be ready for this one! Knowing that I'll need lots of advice and information gave me the nudge to finally register.

Leata

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Leata.  When you have made five posts you can start an album of your humongous house makeover and either copy and paste photos from there into your posts or else let us know when there are new pictures there to go look at.

• Like 1

Welcome, Leata! I posted in your other thread, that house is a Visalian. A great find for free!

Where in San Francisco are you?

Hi and welcome! As you've been lurking you know there is a wealth of knowledge here, just ask away when you need to. I really like the Visalian, so hope you post plenty of pictures of your rehab. 

15 hours ago, fov said:

Welcome, Leata! I posted in your other thread, that house is a Visalian. A great find for free!

Where in San Francisco are you?

I'm in the Sunset! What about you?

I actually moved up to Marin last year (never updated my profile!) but before that I was in the outer Richmond. I get a lot of inspiration for my dollhouses from San Francisco houses. :)

• Like 1