Spring big cleaning starting.....

Hi everybody. I decided to start a big downsize of my Miniatures collections, including books, magazines, materials to make landscaping decorations, fabrics to make inside decorations, dollhouse house kits, massive furniture and accessories items, some in different scales. 

I will start this week with the books and magazines items. I will post the general info about them and if you are interested I can send pictures. They are too many to post all the pictures here. They are all in very good conditions (a couple of the magazines have some written notes on their covers, from previous owners), and  complete. 

-Nutshell News magazines:

August - December 1984 (5 magazines)

September 1986

January and December 1987 (2 magazines)

November 1989

April and October 1990 (2 magazines)

February and May 1991 (2 magazines)

May 1992

April and May 1993 (2 magazines)

May 1994

July 1996

Several of this issues are 1/2 scale and smaller scale special issues.

-Dollhouse Miniatures magazine:

May 2001

-American Miniaturist magazine:

August 20011 - Issue #100

-Miniature Collector magazines:

October 2001

2003 complete, except for the November issue (11 magazines)

November 2006

January 2010

August and September 2011 (2 magazines)

October and November 2015 (2 magazines)

March to August and October to December 2016 (9 magazines)

2017 complete + 1 extra January issue

January to August 2018 (8 magazines)

Books:

-Making Dolls' House interiors in 1/12 scale. By: Carol & Nigel Lodder

-All about doll houses. By: Barbara L. Farlie with Charlotte L. Clarke

-Miniature Dolls' Houses in 1/24th scale. A complete guide to making and furnishing houses

By: Derek Rowbottom

-The art of the Miniature. Small worlds and how to make them. By: Jane Freeman

-Dollhouse decorating. A guide to interior design in miniature, in twelve distinctive styles. By: Nick Forder

-Dolls House Do-It-Yourself. Curtains. By: Sue Heaser

-Design and build your own dollhouses. By: Beryl Armstrong

-How to light a doll house. By: Jean Dickey

-Everything you wanted to know about dollhouses but didn't know who to ask. By: Nancy Van Horn

-Dollhouse Lighting. Electrification in Miniature. By: Barbara Warner

-Decorative Dolls' Houses. By: Caroline Hamilton

- The Custom Dollhouse. By: Nola Theiss

You can send me a private message if interested in any of the magazines and/or books. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, minilover62 said:

-Dollhouse Miniatures magazine:

May 2001

-American Miniaturist magazine:

August 20011 - Issue #100

-Miniature Collector magazines:

October 2001

2003 complete, except for the November issue (11 magazines)

November 2006

January 2010

August and September 2011 (2 magazines)

October and November 2015 (2 magazines)

March to August and October to December 2016 (9 magazines)

2017 complete + 1 extra January issue

January to August 2018 (8 magazines)

The ones marked over are taken.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, minilover62 said:

• 10 months later...

It took me a year to do this, but I am finally on track to complete this cleaning mission. I started to post many stuff on Ebay (yes!, the un-famous Elizabeth Anne house is gone! LOL), and right now this is what I have posted (lots of Popular Imports 1:24 scale furniture sets, new and used): https://www.ebay.com/mys/active. If this link doesn't work, this is one of my postings, you can find my other items using the link that Ebay provide on the right side of this post.https://www.ebay.com/itm/134018771961

I will add now a bunch of 1:24 scale furniture. Some new old Town Square furniture sets; many used furniture in very good conditions, and some antique furniture as well.

The magazines and books shown on this post from last year, will be next. If anyone wants anything before I post them on Ebay, let me know. They will be FREE here, just pay shipping. 

Good job with the spring cleaning! I saw those Popular Imports auctions but I didn't realize they were yours. I have all of those sets already but I hope a fellow half-scaler snaps them up soon! I love that furniture.

Thank you Emily! Over a month now, and it is still intense. I decided to let someone else enjoy the Popular Imports sets. I love them but I had to many.LOL. I still have one of the basic room areas (living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen), a library and a Lounge sets. I am saving this along with a full house sets from Bespaq that I am planing to use on a Queen Anne Rowhouse that I am building. I lost a lot of interest after having Covid months ago. Bad sequel for me. Now I am getting back some desire to continue, but so many stuff overwhelmed me, so that's why I decided to "clean up" a lot before continuing. I still have nice 1:24 scale things that I am saving for now to see if they go well on the Queen Anne, like 2 full kitchen sets and a beautiful artist signed nursery set. 

Before I decide on this, I have to continue with the 1" scale section which is the scale that I am eliminating almost completely. The only sets that I have in 1" scale now are a Seaview UK house kit with the basement, and a McQueenie caravan kit (I also have a 1:24 scale rare McQueenie caravan that I am not sure if I will keep). 

I am keeping so far a 1/4 scale Visalian kit and the complete 1/144 scale collection of Northeastern scale kits, and the complete collection of 1/144 scale Laser Tech kits. I will let go some Gudgel 1/144 scale houses since I am not in the mood of collecting the series, and I have one extra kit of the famous 1/144 scale NESM Beacon Hill, Victorian Mansion and Gothic Mansion. If anyone is interesting you know the drill before I post them on Ebay.

Ooh, I would be tempted by that 1/4" Visalian if you ever decide  to part with it!

Glad to hear you're building the Queen Anne Rowhouse. We need more of those in the world. :) And I'm sorry to hear about the covid!

• Like 1

I will take note of that!✏️

I decided to add a basement. I have all the parts and the proper openings cut out, but I don't know how it will look after I glue all together. Lol. If  could blog like you do, I would show the progress, but I am not good at that at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

I decided to add a basement. I have all the parts and the proper openings cut out, but I don't know how it will look after I glue all together. Lol. If  could blog like you do, I would show the progress, but I am not good at that at all.

Oh that's a great idea! Will you include a garage? In San Francisco, it's common for houses like that to have a garage on the ground floor, and the living area starts on the second floor. I've seen a picture of one with an added garage but I can't find it now. The house is purple. I think it's in the Miniature Museum of Greater St. Louis. I'll try to find it later.

1 hour ago, minilover62 said:

Yes, Susie. It's the American Craft Queen Anne Rowhouse. I remember that someone posted one on Ebay some time ago. Did you get that one? 

No that wasn’t me - I got mine some time ago from the grandson of the woman who started it but never finished it … along with the ACP Victorian - for $40 … I traded the Victorian with Kelly @rodentraiser for the Alexandria - I kept the Queen Anne and finally started this year on the rehab … long overdue lol

@minilover62Yes, that's the purple house! I love what they did with it. I have another Queen Anne Rowhouse kit in the box and I want to do something like that with it if and when I ever get to it.

I also like how they extended the porch and added the upstairs porch with French door. Having the porch meet up with the bay window is more realistic for a San Francisco house than the "self contained" porch in the original design.

Have you seen the Turret House that I'm working on? It's a bashed Queen Anne Rowhouse (already bashed when I got it). Maybe it will give you some other ideas.

@QubanqteeI'm excited you're working on yours! Can't wait to see pics.

Sorry, we've gone dreadfully off-topic (and it's mostly my fault!) Maybe I should split this conversation into a new thread?

I don't mind at all if we keep talking here! it's getting very interesting by the minute. I have seen your Turret and I love it. One thing that I decided about the houses that I am going to keep is that I want them to be fully enclosed. No dust or less dust. The acrylic protectors are way too expensive for larger houses, reason why I am going to stick to smaller scales only. I also like a lot your Bauder Pine a lot! Lovely! 

Oh my

glsh I never thought of adding a garage and basement! I absolutely love that idea .. and the purple hose I’ve never seen before … my theme is peacocks but I’m doing shades of blue … would you be upset Carmen if I also did a basement and garage? … is the garage from a kit? It can’t be - it must just be wood additions to make it … I love that it’s an enclosed house! 

Oh I haven't seen that brown one, that's nice too! The stairs on the purple one might be these Houseworks stairs. They're not made anymore but you can get them on eBay sometimes.

houseworks-corner-stairs.jpg

Susie, of course I don't mind. I think you should go for it! It would be beautiful to see both versions in 1" scale and 1/2" scale!! Awesome!

Emily, you're right! I will keep an eye on this staircase everywhere. If anyone has one that I could buy, or would trade for something that I have, I am all for it:D.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 9:21 PM, babynme8 said:

Do you still have Miniature Dolls’ house in 1/24 scale? I’m interested if you do.

If you still want this book, and haven't found a copy, there is one at a low price on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/224599824240?epid=8038428001&hash=item344b315770:g:-zEAAOSwugNhNnFY