Zooming into my dollhouses

KathieB

I have become acquainted with Zoom in the past several weeks. Our homeowners association meetings are held via Zoom, and now once a week I host 3 or 4 friends from college for 45 minutes of chat. We are all in our late 70s and have had some good giggles as we fiddle with the technology. The $150/yr subscription to enable unlimited time meetings is too rich for my purse, and at our age, 45-minute length of the free chat is long enough.

I did make a little splurge and bought a green screen from Amazon. With it set up behind me, I can slide in backgrounds. During yesterday's chat I spent some time in Ernest Hemingway's home in Cuba and then stopped by my miniature quilt shop, both photos I had taken. It tickles me no end that I can "broadcast" from inside my doll houses. :) 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Kathie I would love to do this for my son for his zoom classes with school. It’s his Junior year in high school and since we moved to a new state the experience has been so difficult for him making new friends thru zoom only classes. I am thinking a fun background might be a good conversation starter. I looked on amazon and the choices for green screen set ups are overwhelming me since I don’t know much about the zoom world. Any advice on which one to buy would be much appreciated! It looks like you also buy the frame etc. for the screen? And then any special lighting? Thanks much- Karin