Brimbles room sizes?

shannonc60

Thanks Holly! It is a decent sized space. I have been fiddling with layouts and come up with some options. I will be turning the kit into a house if I go with it. Far off future build at this stage as I really need to finish off some other projects first.

The next time DS#2 comes to visit and brings his lovely camera I'll get him to take photos so I can make an album of my  Brimble's.  I made the downstairs a home goods store to house furniture and accessories I make in anticipation of builds & rehabs and the upstairs is the proprietor's apartment home with the aforementioned bath and kitchen at the top of the stairs and the rest is a bed/ sitting room with a dining table next to the kitchen (much more spacious than the one-room places the hubs & I lived in at various stages of our early married life).

I think it is a great size for lots of things, but the stairs take up a reasonable amount of space. I will make my own to reduce their footprint. I always look at the Brimbles  and think a summer cottage, like the Martha’s Vineyard ones.

I'm almost finished with my Brimble's. I moved the stairs to the exterior of the building, and made a doorway upstairs out of one of the windows. The staircase is on the opposite end of the building as the entrance. It gave me much more space! The downstairs is a bakery/candy shop/coffee and the upstairs is the baking kitchen and office area (with a small bathroom in the corner with just a toilet and sink). I'll post the pics once all the finishing touches are done :-)

I loom forward to seeing it Bobie! I considered moving the stairs but don’t want them oitside. If I make them small and steeper, that will help. I am trying not to get too far ahead on this idea because I need to finish some other projects first.

I always loved the Brimble's because of the mansard roof design, and cute entrance area but I really wanted to buy the Taft by Greenleaf because I liked the idea of the exterior staircase going to an apt/office etc upstairs that's closed to the public. So I compromised and bashed my Brimbles. It's coming out really cute! I can't wait to post the final pics, it's taking a while because of the contents, not the construction.