Stuck on door color

Thimble Hall

I still think a bachelor (or widower) woodcutter wouldn't much care what color his door was, and would either leave it the color of the rest of the woodwork (which he would probably paint with creosote to protect it from the damp of the forest) or he might paint it blue.

8 hours ago, BriJohn said:

My vote goes to an aged cranberry color since you don't like green.

That would take care of the pinkish problem since cranberry would compliment it.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I still think a bachelor (or widower) woodcutter wouldn't much care what color his door was, and would either leave it the color of the rest of the woodwork (which he would probably paint with creosote to protect it from the damp of the forest) or he might paint it blue.

Maybe it is the day and age, but I know a lot of woodcutters and bachelors and some of them are much more interested in the color of their door then I would ever be!

4 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

...Maybe it is the day and age, but I know a lot of woodcutters and bachelors and some of them are much more interested in the color of their door then I would ever be!

Precisely.  Unless Jeannine is setting her fairy tale cycle in modern times I still don't think a woodcutter was likely to fret over door colors.

Unless the wood cutter was superstitious and painted the door to match his belief. :p  Door colors have meaning to a lot of cultures. Me, I don't like loud door colors. I am a fan of neutrals. Am very curious as to what the choice will be for the awesome house it is to go on. OP, please let us know! 

Brianna, the doors are currently just that a really deep red pretty much cranberry, they look OK as it picks out the reddish tone  in the woodwork but I was trying for more of a contrast. I think I have some adjusting to do,

I would like it to be clearly understood  ( tongue in cheek) that my Joe has couth and class he is musician a poet and a bit of an artist so he would matter a lot about his front door., his house may be simple but it will be clean, he even has good china that his Mother who he lived with till she died, left him also she left her good linen and other stuff which he treasures so he may have doileys and other stuff, he is not a country bumpkin,. he is just shy and very sweet. He is not superstitious that would go against his  beliefs. My Joe could ne a very good catch for some one. Don't forget he plays the organ in the village church.

• Like 3