Extremely expensive dinner service set

Anya

Wow! They are exquisitely designed, but that is an awful lot of money! I'm almost with you Sunnyray--I wouldn't pay that much for them no matter what their history was.

Exactly how much in American dollars is this? If this amount translates close to our dollars I agree with you Sunnyray, rich and crazy.

Peggi

Holy cow, give me some clay, printed tissue paper and some glue. I am going to be rich..*evil laugh.

They are pretty but not THAT pretty. Especially since there are some stains and cracks. Geeze

I sure hope the person that won the bidding realizes they're "miniature" and not the real deal and I hope she wasn't planning on using them for Thanksgiving dinner! :)

Well, they're not dollhouse miniatures. The smallest plates are 2.5" and the trays are 5". Those would be way too big for a 1:12 house. I think I know roughly what these things look like... tea party for a doll size, but they're collectables... I just hope for the bidder's sake that she knows something we don't!

another horrible thought came to mind when i looked at the pictures, it is 'easy' to all of us in the miniature world to distress items--if they are playscale, anyone could have made these items and distressed the pottery, etc. I like Sunnyray, would be extremely leary of buying something this whacked price wise on ebay, especially with no history and no specifics.