HELP glueing wooden cladding to foam core

bobblem73

Hi folks

I am wondering what is the best way to glue wooden lolly sticks (popsicle sticks) to foam core to look like cladding, being in the UK our products are different, I know pva wood glue will work but the time for curing is a long time and adding more than a couple of rows without moving any lower rows is a real pain. Obviously I would like to avoid anything that is likely to melt the exposed foam at the wall ends.

Any help, advice, don't do it (lol) is greatly appreciated

tmp_29950-2017-05-14 16.53.401138318011.jpg

Edited by bobblem73
added picture

Hi Mikeuk

I Have been trawling the tinterweb and it seems the best solution is gonna be the PVA, although a few architects have put on other forums that using a hot glue gun is an option. Not to sure whether this will end up messy and more hassle cleaning of the strings of hot glue every where  but thanks for the quick response and hope your having a good weekend

3 hours ago, MikeUK said:

Judging by the size and shape of your project why not turn in on one side so the side you work on is horizontal rather than vertical............that way you won't get the slippage!

Mike took the words out of my mouth. (Practicality -- that's one reason why he's my hero. :) )

I believe that our Elmer's all-purpose white glue is a PVA adhesive,, it is what I used to glue the thin wood flooring strips to the hinged wall I added to my Magnolia to make a bathroom/ children's room separation with beadboard:

bathroom bashing VIKathieB's photos:  the boys' bedroom

I wouldn't think to use hot melt glue with anything foam...