Newbie with an Artply Granville

I am so new to this smart phone but here goes... I retired not quite a year ago. By the end of Feb I was going crazy for something to do! As a very young child, dollhouses caught my attention and I was in love! I built one out of cardboard complete with stairs, windows, doors etc. My half siblings tore it apart. I built one (the Arthur) in my 40's. Then my job became my life. I decided to build dollhouse in Feb and have purchased kits from EBay and goodwill. I now have 16 kits including the Artply Granville. It came with the instructions but unfortunately they are too deteriorated to read. Would anyone have them and be willing to share a copy? I would so appreciate it!

Thanks! Lois

Welcome to the group Lois. It sounds like you are going to be very busy!!!

A lot of members here have built the Granville, so I'm sure you will get some answers about the instructions. It's a beautiful house!

• Like 1

Thanks so much y'all! Yes, I may have gotten a little carried away! LOL I saw the Granville and knew I had to have it! Ever get that feeling all the way to your toes? I'm afraid I've become obsessed! I have also been trying to get the "House of Miniatures" furniture kits when the prices aren't too outrageous in price. I think I have acquired somewhere around 30 of those too. This dollhouse obsession can sure make you oblivious to the bank account when you see one you "just gotta have"! Leroy told me this morning, " No more dollhouse until you get some of these built!" May I just add that I have my own bank account! Anyway, it's wonderful to meet nice folks that understand!

• Like 1

HOM kits are as wonderful as the Granville is. I have a ton of them too!

Yeah, I agree about the Granville being a beautiful house. I wish Greenleaf could get the plans for it. It's one of my favorites.

You are going to have so much fun with all your new stuff!

• Like 1

you are the 2nd person to come looking for these instructions....I have this house and had the instructions from the build before the great exodus to Arizona from Missouri

I will look in the next few days and see what I can find...I promise nothing as I recently consolidated all the stuff from storage and the notebook along with a couple other items did not seem to make it....but I will dig in some random boxes see if I find them!

good luck I adore my Grandville and someday I will finish it!

• Like 1

Hi Lois, wow those kits are going to keep you busy for a while! :-)  I can't help you with the instructions unfortunately but the Granville certainly is a gorgeous kit, I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

• Like 1

Thank y'all so much for making me feel so welcome! This all started with the Greenleaf village kit. It was cheap, I bought it. I saw a post on FB from a lady who kit bashed the victorian and have tried it with mat board. Next thing I know I am seriously addicted! So far I've acquired these kits...

Greenleaf Village

Greenleaf Fairfield

Dura craft Newburg

Whitney Tennyson

Artply Bobbi (already assembled)

Whitney Cambridge

Dura Craft Heritage

Greenleaf Beacon Hill

Artply Granville

Greenleaf Glencroft (already assembled)

Duracraft San Franciscan 555

Artply Rutherford

Duracraft Linfield

Whitney Tiffani

Duracraft Ashley

Duracraft Sweetheart

Duracraft Cambridge

I am 63 and am hoping to finish them all before I die! The only one that didn't have the instructions is the Granville and it's the one I wanted the most. I actually jumped around screaming when I won the bid on it! LOL Now I'm looking at another auction for another Artply. I'm not sure why, but I am really drawn to the older kits. I plan on working up the small ones first to get the hang of it. When I figure out how to post pics I can show the kits in their original boxes and my little cardboard model.

• Like 1

You have some wonderful kits!

I'm 63 too, and I really should go through all my House of Miniature furniture, because I'll never live long enough to finish it!

Your little house looks great!

Lois, you really should upload your pictures into an album. Then when you want to post them to a thread, just open the photo you want to include in a post, right click on it, and view image. Then copy the URL to your clipboard. Come back here, and when you want to post the photo, click on the "insert other media" button that will appear, and click to insert from a URL. Paste that into it, and your image will show up. That way, you won't run out of space for your attachments.

40 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

Lois, you really should upload your pictures into an album. Then when you want to post them to a thread, just open the photo you want to include in a post, right click on it, and view image. Then copy the URL to your clipboard. Come back here, and when you want to post the photo, click on the "insert other media" button that will appear, and click to insert from a URL. Paste that into it, and your image will show up. That way, you won't run out of space for your attachments.

Album? Not sure I know how to do that. How and where do I get an album? Would it work with one on FB? Thank you for your help! I am using a smart phone as we don't have Wi-Fi here and service only when the weather is good.

49 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

You have some wonderful kits!

I'm 63 too, and I really should go through all my House of Miniature furniture, because I'll never live long enough to finish it!

Your little house looks great!

I can sure relate to you! Hoping to live long enough to finish all of these! lol

On 5/5/2016, 6:49:28, nuttiwebgal said:

you are the 2nd person to come looking for these instructions....I have this house and had the instructions from the build before the great exodus to Arizona from Missouri

I will look in the next few days and see what I can find...I promise nothing as I recently consolidated all the stuff from storage and the notebook along with a couple other items did not seem to make it....but I will dig in some random boxes see if I find them!

good luck I adore my Grandville and someday I will finish it!

Wow! Thanks so much for looking. I am thinking about going to Office Depot and getting all the instruction sheets scanned to files so that maybe I can share too. 

On 5/5/2016, 6:26:52, kathi17 said:

HOM kits are as wonderful as the Granville is. I have a ton of them too!

Yeah, I agree about the Granville being a beautiful house. I wish Greenleaf could get the plans for it. It's one of my favorites.

You are going to have so much fun with all your new stuff!

Aren't they though?! I wish I could find the history on all these. I am sure it would interesting, to say the least!

12 minutes ago, The Dreamer said:

LOL...yes, guess I'll be the crazy dollhouse lady! Thank you!

Um, I think you're going to have to stand in line for that title. Just sayin'. LOL As I said before, if you have 20 cats, you're crazy, if you have 20 kids, you're a hoarder, and if you have 20 dollhouse kits, you're normal. Welcome to the club!

• Like 3

Lois, if you click on your username it will take you to your profile page and there is a button to click for albums and places to click to make them and to add to them.  You can look at other members' albums by going to their profile pages and clicking on their album buttons.  I started when I was 50 and that was almost 25 years ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Dreamer said:

Album? Not sure I know how to do that. How and where do I get an album? Would it work with one on FB? Thank you for your help! I am using a smart phone as we don't have Wi-Fi here and service only when the weather is good.

I went to bed soon after I posted that, so I didn't see your question until this morning. I see Holly has already answered it. Thanks Holly!

I'm not sure how to do everything with a smart phone though, but a lot of people here only use phones or tablets, so I'm sure they can tell you how to use them with the albums.

We don't have cellphone signals here, except in a few places, and my wifi is pretty bad with my bad internet, so at the moment I'm computer only, and that's only when the internet isn't down.

10 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Um, I think you're going to have to stand in line for that title. Just sayin'. LOL As I said before, if you have 20 cats, you're crazy, if you have 20 kids, you're a hoarder, and if you have 20 dollhouse kits, you're normal. Welcome to the club!

Well bless my heart, I'm finally normal! LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Lois, if you click on your username it will take you to your profile page and there is a button to click for albums and places to click to make them and to add to them.  You can look at other members' albums by going to their profile pages and clicking on their album buttons.  I started when I was 50 and that was almost 25 years ago.

Wow! You've been doing this a long time! I will sure enough try that. Never thought to click on user name but have clicked on other links and kept getting the same things. Thanks so much for helping out! Actually stumbled into this forum by googling the Granville! Glad I did!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kathi17 said:

I went to bed soon after I posted that, so I didn't see your question until this morning. I see Holly has already answered it. Thanks Holly!

I'm not sure how to do everything with a smart phone though, but a lot of people here only use phones or tablets, so I'm sure they can tell you how to use them with the albums.

We don't have cellphone signals here, except in a few places, and my wifi is pretty bad with my bad internet, so at the moment I'm computer only, and that's only when the internet isn't down.

She was a great help and I too went to bed so didn't get this until now. I surely do appreciate all the help! I understand the signal thing too. Reception here is horrible!

• Like 1