Furnishing The Orchid

SusannaT

Now that the kids are at my in-law's for the rest of the week (fall break from school) I could take everything out I've been working on in secrecy for my daughter's advent calendar. :wave:

I uploaded 11 new photos to my album.

I also wanted some opinions on what to do with the plank floor.

I orginally planned to leave it birch colored, but now it looks a bit bland.

What do you think of a tea stain?

And that leads me to my other trouble point: the fireplace.

Should I paint it white all over? I want to give it a modern look.

It's driving me :)

I also need tile or something for the hearth. How hard is it to make some from paperclay? I happen to have a bit left over from another project.

All opinions appreciated! :clap:

LOve what you have done so far Susanna!

Now you can always make marbelized tiles by cuttin it out from marbled paper? And I would probably have painted the whole fireplace and added silver as a highlight here and there...

As for the floor, hmm... I might have used a golden oak or cherry stain?

Hugs

You've done a wonderful job on this house! I would probably do just a light stain on the floor, since the trim and furniture in that room are light colored. That fireplace would look nicely modern painted white. I think you are on the right track. Looks great! :)

It looks wonderful.

Now you can always make marbelized tiles by cuttin it out from marbled paper? And I would probably have painted the whole fireplace and added silver as a highlight here and there...

As for the floor, hmm... I might have used a golden oak or cherry stain?

Hugs

Anna said pretty much the samething I was going to.

You can make your fireplace "marble" by painting it white gloss and then lightly dabbing on minute, random bits of black and either dab it with a cotton ball or whisk over it with a feather to swirl it into the white. You can also dab on other colors with the cotton ball (or a clean feather) to color it further.

How about stencilling something on the floor . . . like a throw rug? Quick and relatively easy to do.

I like the fireplace the way it is. The only thing I would do is perhaps add some brick or stone printable paper onto the back and sides of it and perhaps a bit in front to resemble a hearth. You could even add a bit of wood or cardboard to raise it up off the floor a bit.

It's looking great Susanna!