It was a bad day

Gayle

A pretty good one in my opinion!

So did you do anymore pick me up shopping?

Not yet. My head is still spinning over the ones I bought. I receiver notification that they had been shipped today. Where, oh where is that big brown truck?

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Charleston, SC beginning on Sunday and returning on Wed. May have to see if there are any hobby shops down there. I may max out my credit card. :D

Who knows? I may find just the right furnishings while on vacation.

trip to Charleston, SC beginning on Sunday

Miniature Memories on Folley Beach Rd, Alice Zinn turned me on the Joan's shop because Joan carries many of Alice's minis and her shop houses Alice's circus. Be prepared to $pend lots of time, etc. There's also a great tapa restaurant a half block from the Marketplace downtown. DS#1's wife is from Charleston & they live there now, along the Ashley River, and you can guess how muuch I have when we go visit them!

:D

I saw your site on the dance studio. Awsome. You did a wonderful job.

I can't help but wonder what I'm doing. When I look at everyone's site or pictures I am overwhelmed by the talent I see. I have trouble drawing stick figures and yet here I am trying to build minis. Maybe one day after many, many mistakes, I might be only half as good as everyone here. I gotta start some place. :happy:

I saw your site on the dance studio. Awsome. You did a wonderful job.

I can't help but wonder what I'm doing. When I look at everyone's site or pictures I am overwhelmed by the talent I see. I have trouble drawing stick figures and yet here I am trying to build minis. Maybe one day after many, many mistakes, I might be only half as good as everyone here. I gotta start some place. :happy:

Thank you Gayle, and believe it or not the my dance studio was only my second build. The great folks on this forum gave me lots of tips, advice and confidence. If you read my blog you will also notice all the things I had to "do over" cause the first attempt wasn't quite like I thought it ought to be. On my recently completed Creekside Cabin, I redid the chimney no less than 3 times just to get it to an acceptable level and get the stones to stay put. :whistle:

I'm very much like you and when I started my Lily, and with the subsequent builds, I always look and think I'll never reach the quality that others on here have, and I haven't but I am pleased with what I have accomplished and the main thing is not only do I love my houses, but my DGK (including the 3 yr old GS) are in awe. That's good enough for me.

So as you go along be sure and ask questions, search for topics that fit the part you are working on, and when really frustrated--walk away and eat chocolate. There is a lot of talented people here who very generously share their knowledge. That's why this forum has become a second home to so many of us newbies.

Peggi,

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. Especially the part about chocolate. I try to keep my chocolate on top of the refrigerator. The calories are afraid of heights and jump out. lol

Wish it were true. :whistle:

It's easier to walk away when frustrated than to repair because it was thrown across the room. I have been tempted to do just that on more than one occasion. I remember a story that was told to me when I rebuilt alternators. It seems someone purchased a rebuilt alternator and couldn't seem to get it into the right position. In his frustration, he threw it through the windshield of his car. He still had the same problem with the alternator and a broken windshield. Didn't solve a thing. Walking away is the best solution to a lot of problems.

Clears the head and sometimes the problem solves itself.

It's easier to walk away when frustrated than to repair because it was thrown across the room. I have been tempted to do just that on more than one occasion. I remember a story that was told to me when I rebuilt alternators. It seems someone purchased a rebuilt alternator and couldn't seem to get it into the right position. In his frustration, he threw it through the windshield of his car. He still had the same problem with the alternator and a broken windshield. Didn't solve a thing. Walking away is the best solution to a lot of problems.

Clears the head and sometimes the problem solves itself.

And that Dear is the absolute Truth :whistle: