Holiday in Cyprus

Jo Med

Some pics for Selkie.

For those of you who know me from a few years ago when I was a more regular contributor to this forum, you may remember I bought a house in Cyprus which was a bit of a nightmare. The builders never finished what they were supposed to finish so it took us a good few years and a whole lot of hard earned cash to finish the thing. I hated it with a vengeance for about 5 years, every time we went out there, there was another problem, flooded rooms, leaks in plumbing in the internal walls, no hot water, then only boiling hot water or freezing cold - nothing in between. Electrical problems, no white goods as promised, no wardrobes as promised etc etc . I could go on and on boring you with the list of disasters we encountered but I won't. At long long last we are having holidays out there and this year I spent 3 months out there and the house was fully functional. That isn't to say that we didn't have any work to do but the major problems seem to have been solved. So here are some pictures of my garden and a few of the island of Cyprus.

Ooops can't upload much as an attachment so I'll try and upload them to an album

Thanks so much for taking the time to update me and all of us on your comings and goings. Sounds like a lovely place. Will this become your retirement home someday?

Sorry to hear of all the struggles but glad they seem to be over for the most part. Can't wait to see the pictures. I'll pop over to see if you got an album up.

Old and new pictures, finding pictures, uploading pictures, missing pictures, etc. are all having issues thus far in this new upgrade. Fingers crossed it won't be a problem for too much longer since all of us here are eye-candy addicts. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to update me and all of us on your comings and goings. Sounds like a lovely place. Will this become your retirement home someday?

Sorry to hear of all the struggles but glad they seem to be over for the most part. Can't wait to see the pictures. I'll pop over to see if you got an album up.

Old and new pictures, finding pictures, uploading pictures, missing pictures, etc. are all having issues thus far in this new upgrade. Fingers crossed it won't be a problem for too much longer sonce all of us here are eye-candy addicts. 

I've created an album Selkie, hope you enjoy it.
No I doubt we will ever retire there but hopefully one day we will be able to spend more time there. John is still working so is limited for holidays.

Edited by Jo Med

Glad to see you back, Jo!

Can we come visit? Have a workshop in Cyprus? 

Do you have power tools there? Do we bring our own?

Hahahaha, glad the house is working out for you now - as soon as you own a place it seems that the trouble work never ends.....

Edited by Soapz
  • Like 1

Glad to see you back, Jo!

Can we come visit? Have a workshop in Cyprus? 

Do you have power tools there? Do we bring our own?

Hahahaha, glad the house is working out for you now - as soon as you own a place it seems that the trouble work never ends.....

What a great idea. No power tools there, in fact no mini tools at all but hey who cares, its sunny.