Rubbing Alcohol

Color Me Holly

Does anyone know if rubbing alcohol will dissolve other glues? Like wood glue?

Last night I was working on the Primrose section of my house and grabbed the wrong bottle of glue. I used a repositional glue by Aleene's instead of a wood glue; it dries tacky so you can move stuff around. I mostly use it on fabric. They are both in very similar bottles. The clean up for this glue says to use rubbing alcohol to remove. Thankfully where the glue was applied doesn't have wallpaper, but there is painted and I did get some on the chipboard siding I used. I am worried about messing up those finishes. I suppose I could leave the glue in areas of concern.

Wish me luck, I am off to buy rubbing alcohol.

Hold on let me get my list of dissolvers that I wrote down.......

Crazy Glue: nail polish remover that has acetone

Wood glue: White vinegar

Tacky glue: Denatured Alcohol

Well, it seems to have come off pretty easy. I did lose 3 piece of strip wood, but they didn't seem to have much wood glue on them. I did leave the tack glue on the some of the siding. It is going to get covered up with flashing when the primrose roof is put on anyway.

I used 91% Isoproply Alcohol, a toothbrush and a terry washcloth. The toothbrush with the alcohol made the glue "pill up" and scrubbed right off with the washcloth and a little more alcohol. I had to go over it a few time and I did have to scrape out the corners with the flat side of a razor.

Good to heat that it seems to have done the trick then, these adhesives along with the solvents are a tricky business to deal with for sure!

Now, is there a place to gawk over some new eye candy pics by any chance?????

Hugs

Now, is there a place to gawk over some new eye candy pics by any chance?????

Hugs

Anna,

I'm woefully behind on pics and uploading my gallery. I was glueing on the front part of the roof section so I could trimout the ceiling when I used the wrong glue. Here are a couple pics. This is what I got done today. Hopefully another 2 months won't go by before I work on it again.

post-19-1160962020_thumb.jpg

post-19-1160962042_thumb.jpg

post-19-1160962082_thumb.jpg

This is all skinny sticks and strip wood. I plan to stain it golden pecan.