Possible inspiration for dollhouses?

molmrath

I just came across this website about the Winchester Mystery House and I thought it was really interesting, both for the story behind it and the pictures of the house itself: http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/. If you click on "Press Images" there are several pictures of the house (I wish there were more pictures). I'm not sure, but I think this house may have been the inspiration behind the movie "Rose Red" (although they used a different building in the movie). Anyway, I hope y'all find it as interesting as I did.

Wow that's cool Amy! I'll check it out more tomorrow. My sister is in from out of town and staying the night. She ran to the store so i'm checking out the forum and waiting for the pizza delivery guy!

This is very interesting! Thanks for posting the info!

Here's another fun site - this is Thornewood Castle, where they filmed the movie "Rose Red" (great movie, by the way - there's an awesome halfscale dollhouse in it...)

http://www.thornewoodcastle.com/photos.htm

Wow - now that's my idea of an ispiration... but all the detail <groan> I love looking at it!.. but I don't think I'd be very good at making it . This is definitely a house I could drool over in full size or mini!!! If I only had that kind of skill - wow. That site is defiitely going on my favorites list!

-David