We Went Mini Shopping Today

SuzyQ

My husband had first mentioned that he thought Bodo Henning was a different scale than the 1:12. A friend had bought me the Bodo Henning gramaphone. I put it in the living room of the Beacon HIll and it did seem large, but I thought that perhaps the gramaphones were larger pieces. Ray said he thought it looked out of proportion, but I told him that it was a reputable brand name.

Anyway, when I attended a workshop a few weeks ago, Sue Ann Thwaite told us that Bodo Henning is 1:10 scale. She said that she felt it was more important that you judge by just eyeballing how a piece fits, rather than the scale itself in many cases.

It was something I hadn't known before.

-Susanne

I like your sunshine cottage Melanie!!! And the bathroom is a beauty!!

PS. I believe the proper name of the maker is Bodo Hennig. The lady at the store gave me that spelling. I did noticed a few magiazines spell it ing. But if you google it more shows up under Hennig. Maybe ing is the american spelling and nig is the german spelling.

I was curious so I thought I'd check into Bodo Hennig to see exactly what their scale is. I came up with this article on the history of Bodo Hennig that says that their wooden furniture is slightly larger than 1" scale. So maybe their other furniture is 1:12 scale. I'll look into this further. I had just accepted what Ladybug had told us at her recent workshop.

http://www.bavarianfolkart.com/scotties_dollhouse_Bobo.htm

-Susanne

I first saw the Reutter pieces in last year's Smith catalogue and fell out when I saw the prices! Then I found the same pieces in the HBS catalogue for about 10% less.

DS' fiancee got that Asian screen for her McKinley and only used half of it, so I have the other half.

I do think it is true on both accounts as some of Bodo Hennings items are accordign to the usual metric system in Europe and some are according to the 12th scale. But as someone mentioned, the eyballing an item in its place is the best way to go I think as one thing will be a bit out of scale if one did the right measuring and sizing but look perfect when slightly smaller/bigger etc.

Hugs