Artply Worthington

Sable

From what I can see from the posted picture, Sable, the original house looked liked it was in good condition. Then when I saw what you done with it, I was really taken back. You did a beautiful job.

It is very considerate of you not to want to mislead others into thinking this is a Southern Mansion when it is really a Worthington, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. People who like the house won't care what it is named, and hopefully if they order it online, they will be able to match the true picture to its correct name.

The Robin Carey house is gorgeous, but it looks like a smaller version of the home. I believe she may have purposely kept the kitchen extension detached from the main home because that was how many early American homes were.

• Like 1

Here I go again... Holly, as I just posted on a different thread, I am now thinking of transforming my Worthington into a silent film-star palace. I need to think 1/12th scale for most of my projects as 1) I've bought far more houses/shops in that scale than in 1/16th and 2) I've also bought more furniture, period items and dolls in 1/12th scale.

Every time I look at photographs of silent film stars, and at the gorgeous clothes they wore, I get 'that feeling' LOL. Nouveau and Deco for me!

I'll be fixing-up (at a later date) a classic British 1930s house. WWII 'home front' style. Garden full of vegetables, NO flowers. Anderson shelter in that garden (corrugated iron covered with earth and grass with sleeping benches, bedding, vacuum flask etc inside!). Can't wait to source and print out wee War Office information posters, period advertising signs, etc. I bought a wee lady with curlers in her hair some months ago. She's wearing the kind of cross-over front 'overall' women wore then. I'll add a head-scarf to partially conceal the curlers! I have a surprisingly life-like older gent husband for her. He'll be out in that garden, digging for Victory, using the tools I also bought months ago LOL.

Pauline, I have to say your ideas are extremely interesting. It is fun to see different eras come back to life, and I look forward to seeing how your projects progress.

• Like 1

What a lovely comment, Maureen. Thank you.

Houses do 'speak' to us. After each purchase I wait for however long it takes before deciding on a particular approach. The ideas have to truly 'move' me, get me excited (calm down, woman LOL). Lukewarm is no good. I can see from others' posts that it is the same for everyone here.

Once an idea catches fire I begin to look for further ideas, inspiration etc.