Newport

JohnC

For those of you that remember me saying I was going to redo a previous dollhouse I saw, I decided against it. I instead got a Newport kit and built that for my friends daughter. Piper... (daughter) is turning 4.... so I figured a more sturdy house was in order. The Newport is a very sturdy house... atleast it is the way I put it together hehe. Her mother, Lisa, did the shingling... thank god, cause that looked like way too much attention to detail. She also did the wallpaper on the inside. It is almost like Lisa is a kid again, it is hilarious watching her work on furniture and pointing out what should go where.... we argued over the color of the shingles... in the end, I let her paint them white.... she was having too much fun. I had to rush the house for the birthday, so it is not perfect.... but for a 4 year old, I think it will be a palace. Like Lisa told me... I could give her a cardboard box with dolls, and she would be happy.

I will post as many pics as I can fit here right now.... I dont know how to make those cool galleries that u guys have P. In any event..... though not perfect... it is an perfect dollhouse for a 4 year old.

PS.... she helped paint it too.... although she didnt know she was doing it. She thought the railwork... were "ladders". Look at the attached pics of her.... she painted her face more than the "ladders" though.

I need to figure out how to post pics in a gallery... when I do look them up under NEWPORT. If you guys could explain the process to me, I would be appreciative.

thanks, John

Hi John!

I plan to build a house for a 4-year-old also -- also a sturdy one! Sounds like you've had an absolutel ball with this one. To do a gallery, click on "my control" in the gray area at the top of the page and when it opens, on the left you'll see 'gallery'. Just follow the directions to upload. :)

I will post as many pics as I can fit here right now.... I dont know how to make those cool galleries that u guys have P. In any event..... though not perfect... it is an perfect dollhouse for a 4 year old.

PS.... she helped paint it too.... although she didnt know she was doing it. She thought the railwork... were "ladders". Look at the attached pics of her.... she painted her face more than the "ladders" though.

I need to figure out how to post pics in a gallery... when I do look them up under NEWPORT. If you guys could explain the process to me, I would be appreciative.

thanks, John

Don't see any pics???

John, click on the "My Controls" link above. Then click on "My Albums". Then click on the "create" link and follow the directions.

• 2 weeks later...