I give up :(

Anya

I was wondering if any of you could tell me the names/ code numbers of the doors/ windows that were used to upgrade your own Beacon Hill with?

I have looked everywhere on the net for an exterior door, interior doors and windows to upgrade my Beacon Hill but I can't find any with written measurements and some of them don't seem to add up. I've written to companies but they don't get back to me. :D

Any info on the names of the doors, measurements, code numbers and where they were bought from would be very great help!

Thank you.

If you're looking at the Houseworks windows and doors, Miniatures.com has measurements. You may need to enlarge the holes in the Beacon Hill slightly, or make them slightly smaller, for the windows to fit. (They can be enlarged with a utility knife, and made smaller with wood filler or strips of wood glued around the inside of the opening.)

I don't know of a good source for Timberbrook windows and doors, except through dollhouse stores. Maybe one of the retailers who reads this board has access to the Timerbrook catalog?

Thanks for that info.

I wondered why none of the measurements seemed to add up.

If no one knows of right sized doors and windows I will try and make the holes bigger.

I have used houseworks doors to upgrade and what I did is made the openings bigger. I did the same thing for the Arthur kit. You can check out the blog under my mini shop. I also sent you and email with the link to view it.

Yeah, I made the interior door openings in the McKinley bigger to take Houseworks doors. It's probably easier to do before the house is assembled though... I had to turn in all sorts of funny directions, and almost took my eye out! (I should really stop making that joke, or one of these days I WILL take my eye out... :D)

Hi . . . On my Beacon Hill I changed out the original doors for a Victorian oval door which you can find at Miniatures.com Item#6002. It is $11.25 U.S. I did have to make the opening bigger and I'm going to have to put in a bit of a false wall to accomodate the thickness of the door, but other than that it looks terrific! I've attached a picture so you can see what it looks like. Also, on the Minatures.com website it lists only the door. It does not come with the inside casings or the glass insert. If you're interested in this particular door, I could perhaps purchase one for you and mail it to you as I was able to purchase it all together from a store here. The stained glass insert is also separate which I purchased from yet another store. Good Luck!

Hope that helps!

post-267-1121399466_thumb.jpg

Just a thought. :D

Do you think it would be possible to upgrade the actual doors of the Beacon hill instead of buying new ones?

I am not very confident in making the door holes bigger myself. I'd hate to ruin the walls. :(

I was thinking of looking around my hardware shops and seeing if there are any small wooden shapes to decorate the doors with.

I am still undecided in what to do.

DARN I want to start work on it right away!!! B)

Thanks for the info everyone.

I feel your pain, Sunnyray! I've had a Beacon Hill kit sitting under my bed for more than a year now, and I still haven't been able to start it. Other things keep getting in the way--including the fact that I can't see finishing it the way that I want to do it in less than 6 month, although I think it will take more. I don't have a space I can devote to it for that long right now ...