Food for the dollhouse dolls

Patsea

I want to try making some food from polymer clay. I found a really nice site - the woman did some really delicious looking food. Think I might try making the stew.... check out this link. This stuff looks better than any stew I have ever made with real food!

http://pannikins.homestead.com/stew2.html

I have worked with polymer clay years ago. I use to decorate ostrich, rhea, and goose eggs by cutting an opening in the front of the egg and making small scenes inside. Since I was working in such small scale, I usually made a lot of the things myself to fit. I would also paint a scene on the inside of the egg and continue it out the front - such as a stream coming right out of the front of the egg with miniature deer standing near it on the inside. How the food will turn out - I have no idea! Hopefully better than my RL cooking!

• Like 1

I have worked with polymer clay years ago. I use to decorate ostrich, rhea, and goose eggs by cutting an opening in the front of the egg and making small scenes inside. Since I was working in such small scale, I usually made a lot of the things myself to fit. I would also paint a scene on the inside of the egg and continue it out the front - such as a stream coming right out of the front of the egg with miniature deer standing near it on the inside. How the food will turn out - I have no idea! Hopefully better than my RL cooking!

Well one thing about mini food, we don't eat it, so aha once we make it we don't have to do it again lol

Those eggs have always intrigued me! I doubt I could do something that dainty. I am sure you will do well with minis. It takes practice, though. It is an exciting journey!

For cooked eggs either UP or Over Easy, I think I used a white mixed with translucent for the white part, then yellow mixed with translucent for the yolk. you would want a very very thing translucent over the yolk for Over Easy. I used either the liquid Fimo or Clear glossy sealer.

There are several great tutorials on youtube for food. Start with gardenofimagination. She is pretty amazing. :) Then just follow the links that they have. Our own Gabrielle, missminilover on youtube, does some good food tutorials, too. :)