Photos of siding on Pierce

peggyquade

Woo-eee ... no wonder you needed a break! The siding looks great -- the bits on the bay window are perfect!

The stuccoed parts are also superb. The person you're building this for ought to be beside herself with glee when she sees it!

Thanks everyone! It is time consuming but I like the effect, too. I use 1/2" x 1/16" flat strips of wood...not sure what kind of wood it is. I overlap each piece about 1/16th of an inch. Sheila, the owner, is most likely going to have me paint the stucco...I think each level on the kitchen bay tower will match whatever color she has me do the siding on that level and then a separate color for the 3rd level, under the eaves stucco. She's also thinking of different vergeboards and trim on the roof edges; what do you all think? Is that trim that comes with the Pierce kit something that needs to go on the house, in your opinion...does it identify the Pierce as a Pierce? I know people can do whatever they want with their dollhouse...just curious what you all think.

Well you're right about one thing, Peggy, people do whatever they want to their dollhouses! :blink:

I have to say that I'm a trim person though. I love all the gingerbread and put it all on! To me that identifies a Victorian (which is what the Pierce is . . . isn't it?!!)

Rest assured whatever you do, it will be right!