kleenex texturing?

peggyquade

Hello everyone:

Anyone find the tutorial on texturing a wall with kleenex? I am so bored with putting siding on my Pierce, I need a distraction! Somebody, take me away! Seriously, only a few more rows of siding to go (unless my customer decides not to put a chimney on one side of the house), then I can sand, spackle, sand some more....another question...do I paint the siding with a white primer first or just paint it the color of choice?

Thanks!

Peggy

Thank you for the link, it looks really good and will be put in the "must try" category. Might be a good way of adding texture to the walls without adding lots of extra weight to it as well as the sharp edges that might come form stucco-ing.

Mini-hugs

Anna

:D Thank you for that great link! I am going to take a break from siding the house to walk to the store and get some cheap kleenex! My camera's batteries just died so I'll get some when I go to the store so I can attach some pictures to my next post. Thanks. You are a life saver!

I didnt use kleenex

I use toliet paper 2 ply

when I tear it I also seperate the plys

it is better to tear it so that it is jagged. it will blend into each sheet better

you can use mod-poge and paint when dry or skip that and use paint.

paint the wall put paper on paint on top of it. use the brush lightly or it will mush up on you

sometimes this is good and other times not. use sparingly around doors and windows so your trim will go on easier.

I really like the texture of this method and use it frequently

just check out my blogs :D

haunted house,Lily,and the Orchid all done this way

nutti :D

Love the TP texture -- it always looks super.

Your other question on the siding -- prime it first. Raw wood just sucks up the paint. (Of course, if you really enjoy doing 3 or 4 coats of paint, forego the primer :D )

Love the TP texture -- it always looks super.

(Of course, if you really enjoy doing 3 or 4 coats of paint, forego the primer :D )

Well I coudln't agree with you more, it certainly do look great! And, hmm... 3 or 4 coat of paint, well you know me and patience isn't a match made in heaven ....... (Love one coat and even better spray paints LOL so that there are nooooo brushes to clean up afterwards etiehr, the fumes is a completley another story though)

:D

Hugs

:D Thanks so much everyone! I just did one eve on the Pierce and the first level of the two story kitchen tower with the kleenex and paint texturing idea. Man, did it work nice! You were right, tho, Nutti, to go easy with the brush. I used a small tapered sponge brush and just dabbed the paint ontop of the kleenex. Then I got good and messy and smoothed things around with my fingers. I didn't want a huge amount of texture, just some and I could control that with my fingers. I know Sheila is going to love the stucco now! Whoo-hoo! After doing a couple more eves with this texturing stuff, I'll be ready to go back to the calculated application of siding. Thanks again everyone! You're the best!