Faux stairs

kellee

Ok, so I have been thinking ... When I get the workroom cleaned up decluttered and organized so that I can actually work in there... I have several rehabs that need work. I have been eyeing the townhouse, or maybe the townhouse has been eyeing me...

Anyway, it is made of foam core and some is broken... Obviously it is not as sturdy as wood (Luan)

So I am thinking of rebuilding it in Luan... It is a wall hanging house or can sit on a table... The rooms are not deep, so I am thinking a faux staircase would be great... And I am trying to work out how to make a faux staircase.... Any ideas would be great.... I have the idea of what it will look like just not sure it will work.

Kellee

I wish Sclarise's site was still up, sh wanted more room in her D-C San Franciscan, so she made a faux staircase, putting a wall with a door which, when open, showed the picture of a staircase going up to the next floor.

Similar to the staircase in the McKinley... But I don't want a open railing.... And I don't want it to take any space from the room but may have to give it an inch just to make it look real. Would love to see some pics of any hidden stairs you have done.

I did a kind of faux staircase in my Buttercup Bookshop. In that case, I had a very limited space. I put up 3 or four stairs. Then I simply put a wall up in front of it, so that You could just see the bottom steps. The wall gives me more wallspace for hanging things. If the people really wanted to go up to the second floor, the turn in the stairs would be about 6" in real life. ;) You can't tell though. It all happens behind a wall...On the second floor, where you come up, I put a couple of steps and a railing....Nobody ever guesses that what you can't see isn't really there. Illusion is the name of the game.