What does Hitty furniture look like??

Audra

I recently bought a 'lot' of furniture off of craigs list - the only pieces that got my attention were the Tomy Smaller Homes pieces. The rest of the furniture seemed larger than 1:12 scale, but smaller than Barbie. It is older items made out of wood.

on google . com I did the search then above clicked on images. seems to be a tad larger than 1". there is a huge dollhouse in there. awesome.

seems I have some larger, thought for Barbie. maybe not. I really need to sort my 'for sale' box into categories.

good luck.

lc

I don't think the traditional Hitty dolls were to any scale; they were whatever size the carver made them and their proud owners (and their parents) made their furniture. There are carvers who make Hitties that are 1:12 and the furniture that's available will usually fit them.

Hitty dolls are usually a little larger than 1/12. My Hitty is 6 1/2" tall. It isn't that hard to find furniture for her, though, because Hitty is so popular, and people make things just for her. Besides, having the scale a little off goes with her being a rustic, hand-made doll. Ebay has some nice things, and Gail Wilson designs does stuff just for Hitty (including Hitty dolls).