London, Is Everyone Okay??

Minis On The Edge

It was very bad. At the last count 33 people have died but 700 people have been injured. I cannot understand how anybody can be so evil. Thank God its not on the same scale as what you all had over there. I live about 60 miles away thank goodness.

best wishes. Alison

I had the news on all day. I couldn't stop watching. Lisa's right it was so much like New York. I was so scared that day. I live right in the flight path of the plane that when down here in Pa. That plane passed over my house twice that day. I 'm only about 35 miles from the crash site.

Alison I'm glad that you are ok.

Yes, this is so very horrible and I hope that those responsible are caught and held accountable.

As far as who's alright over there, I have asked all my mini contacts in the London area to check in with me. So, if you're a fan of Dollshouse Emporium, Grandads Playroom, and Willow Models....all staff members of these retailers are safe and sound from what I've been told. I know there are tons more mini retailers in the area, these are just the one's that I'm in contact with on a regular basis. They've become almost like family to me. :lol:

I;ve been watching the posts. Marie, I'm glad you've heard from Paul, Joyce & David--it's a relief to know that our mini friends in the UK are doing alright.

The people of the UK have taken the right attitude towards this nonsense. I admire them, even more so than America, because people over here take the attitude of reasoning, and diplomacy. The Prime Minister Tony Blair and the President have taken the right attitude. Daily life should go on as it is, and not be interrupted by these people.

I'm sorry if these statements are blunt, but too many people have died needless deaths...it's very hurtful to watch this on tv, especially have to answer questions from children, who seem to have more sense.

Lisa I agree with you, since when did being at war always have to be "politically correct" what happen to the sayling "All is fair in love and war". These terrorist have got to be stopped. I just feel that you do what has to be done to get the job done. Having a daughter and SIL in the service at this time I just want to know that they have whatever they need to stay safe and to keep us safe.

My prayers go to all the people in England at this time.

Peggi

I too hope that everyone is alright! One of my best friends who studies in London lives opposite to the bus stop where the tragedy happened. He took the same bus just 10 minutes before the attack. So he had a lot of luck! I was so worried when I heard about the attacks. It's so scarring what's going on in our world - I hope we can find a more peaceful way in future... :lol:

Anne, I 'm so glad your friend is okay---I watched the tv until I couldn't watch anymore those first couple of days. Heard back from some friends in the UK, and they reassured us they were fine....

As for a peaceful way of settling the conflicts, I sincerely doubt it...these fanatics who are insurgents tend not to understand being politically correct, or diplomacy. As someone whose family has served in the military for years, I am glad the people are behind our soldiers, and allies, and not another cold war. It is amazing after the terrible tragedies in New York and London that people think they can 'reason' with terrorists....

I have taken a little time to post here. We have friends in Londom and we aere so worried about them and all Londoners. They are ok but we grieve for those who were not so unfortunate. This brought back so many memories about 9/11. My cousin lived (and still lives) quite near the Towers -- we were so worried until we heard from him. And then we grieved for the others less fortunate.

Lisa is right -- and I agree with her. I love the USA and could not live permanently in any other country, but --- we are TOO smug, TOO complaisant, TOO isolationist, and TOO darn worried about "politically correct" -- a term I have always hated.

And I am darned tired of hearing about "civil liberties" -- what good are they if we are more worried about them for potential and actual terrorists and they live and we die?

We are at crossroads here, and we had better wake up.

Thanks for listening,