Pa. show

Will (hopefully) get that Somerset show off the ground this year.Sent out inquiry letters and recieved yes from 8 miniaturists from the Philadelphia show,plus some others. Tables are extra cheap.Contracts go out in January.For Aug.11,12,2012 in Somerset,Pa. Anyone interested in selling,please pm me for info. Thanks. Linda

Yes.Stubborn. This time I'm doing it in the right order.I sent out letters of inquiry to the vendors at the Philadelphia show and surprizingly,I got back yes, plus some other vendors. I'm sending the contracts out in January with any april deadline.Until; i get a contract back I can't give names for sure.But I was very happy with the ones who did give any okay.I've never seen them.Don't thinkthey've been any closer than Philloy. Making it cheap enough for them to make a profit because I know they have to travel and get a room so I'm practically giving the tables away. This time I'll get the contracts back before I book that showrrom for $1800.00 for the weekend.Want to make it nice though.Linda.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, contracts starting to go out in the mail.Also sent info to Miniature Collector and Dollhouse Miniature for listing in their upcoming show columns.Soon as I get a contract back,I'll post the name.Keep watching. Linda

Good news. Got requests for 18 contracts so far - from N.Y., Ga., M\d N.j. When I get the signed contracts back I'll post who. But these are new vendors to this area.I really would like to see their work. Have a lot more to get in touch with. Linda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news again.Got a contract back today from Arlene Finkelstein of Artistic Florals.Lovely lady.She has done the Philadelphia show and is in all the mags. We can finally (those of us who don't get to teaneck or Philly) see her work for real. Will post as I get more back.Did send out 9 more contracts.Wish some of the local people would join in. It will be fun and brand new. :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

Good news.Got another contract back.Still early before the deadline.This is for two tables from A Touch of the Past.Shirlee sells hand knitted afghans,crocheted rugs,etc.Also sells the micro knitting needles and books. I know I'll be getting some micro crochet needles there. Will post more as they come in.Linda :banana:

• 4 weeks later...

Julie Myers is also coming to the show.For those of you who haven't seen her work, she does very nice miniature paintings. So, new people.Signed the contract for the rooms today so show will go on. It will be Aug.11,12,2012 at the Quality Inn in Somerset.(Only thing to stop it this time is if that Mayan calendar moves up.lol.) Admission is only $2 a person,kids 12 & under free. I want people to enjoy the nice handiwork of the vendors and maybe some new people will come. Will keep you posted.Linda

Yes. Lucky to have Julie.She'll get a new group of fans here. Also Aloysisus Mouse is coming up from Georgia to do the show! You can check her holiday theme work in her etsy shop with the same name.Also got a phone call today from 2 women in Ohio.So if they send the contract I'll post. Defintely on Aug.11,12.Linda

Great. Only $2 admission. Just want people to enjoy.Also got a call from Wayne Shontz,asking for a contract.he makes wooden furniture and wagons,etc.Also running an ad in Penny Saver.So,might have to take more room at the Inn.But DEFINETLY on this year!.

Wayne & Susan Shontz are coming to the show from the Scranton area.He makes very nice wooden furniture,etc.Saw him at Greensburg . Also,that Pennysaver goes to a lot of states besides being a continious online ad.Got calls about puppies years ago all the way from Tennesse,so it's far-reaching and still time to get more.Will go to the printer in June and get a few hundred posters and start putting up all over.If anyone out there wants some posters for their neighborhood,let me know. Might need more room.So far I know I need 4 or 5 tables for my stuff.

Got a contract back from Judy Snyder of Small Comforts.She's coming in from Ohio and does Christmas trees,skelton people,furniture,bedding,flowers and more. To Julie, I'll go to the printer in end of May or beginning of June and have him draw up some posters.Will mail some to you.Remind me.Meantime if you want to print out something simple to hang around,like date and place,$2 admission, some Philaelphia show vendors and you good people go ahead.I didn't want to print too early in case people forget by Aug.The Inn has a flashing billboard at the turnpike and they'll put it on there,too,for people coming off turnpike. Linda

Also, although i sent out contracts with an April deadline,there's always a way to make room for more.I used April as a guide so I'd know if there would be a show.Last year I put a deposit on an $1800.room for the weekend and had to cancel.So,if you still have your contracts,or even not, and want to come,let me know.Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Just an added note.If you check the vendors for this this show,they all make their own handvrafted minis.Will be some commerical stuff for sale,too.But now's your chance fpr some original minis for your house.