HBS House Party? Has Anyone Done This?

Rowan555

I noticed the house party option at Miniatures.com and since I coordinate a homeschool group, this might be something fun to do at one of our meetings. Has anyone done this, and if so, is there anything I should know? Seems like a good deal, but I'm wondering if there's a "catch" I'm missing.

Susan

I was thinking about hosting a party, but none of my friends are into mini's . . . . unless a bunch of you would like to come?!! :) I'll put out the Green Apple Pucker and brownies!! :)

I held a HBS house party last March. I didn't know anyone locally that was into miniatures (you have to have a minimum number of guests to qualify for some of the perks) so I emailed HBS and asked if I could host a party where family members in my same household placed orders and if that would qualify for the guest requirements. They said yes! It turned out that I was able to get other family members/friends outside the home to place orders as well (the HBS party was my birthday party :lol: ) and it was great!

No hidden catch to the party - when you ask for & get your party information package - everything is explained in plenty of detail - there's no obligation for minimum party totals - but the higher your party total, the more mini's the host(ess) gets for free! We even got free shipping on the party purchases and the people at HBS were a dream to work with - very patient individuals with all the questions I had prior to my party!

It was such a great experience that I am planning a second party in the near future :D

Lisa

I emailed them last week and never heard back. I called today and the woman who answered said they don't reply to the emails, they just process the requests and send out the materials. For those of you who are like me and expect email confirmations, thought this might help. They did have my name on file, so obviously they did process it. I hope the catalogs come soon! I'm also thrilled to know that the orders can come from other people in the same household. My two kids want to purchase kits with their own money, so now I just need one more victim...er, customer...in order to get the free Coventry Cottage :lol:

Sounds like a wonderful idea for you -- do invite your homeschooling moms, too, they'll love and maybe y'all can get goodies for the kids to do a Christmas project :lol: Keep us posted, it sounds like fun.

Catriona and I did a couple of miniature projects the year I home schooled her.

it would be a great way to do a group project.

if you should do this I hope you share with us how it goes!

nutti :lol: