Stairs in the Garfield

Mary11

I just picked up a Buttercup (Corona Concepts -- is it similar to Greenleaf?) kit for $5 -- saw it on craigslist, offered by someone living about an hour's drive south! It will be a perfect caretaker's cabin next to my Garfield!!

I just picked up a Buttercup (Corona Concepts -- is it similar to Greenleaf?) kit for $5 -- saw it on craigslist, offered by someone living about an hour's drive south! It will be a perfect caretaker's cabin next to my Garfield!!

OMG Sandy!! :yikes: that is sooooo awesome! Congratulations!! :yikes:

Edited by mininecessities

What a find!! Good for you :thumb:

As far as wallpaper around windows, Cheryl, because my window trim is stained a dark brown, I used a colored marker (Michaels or any craft shop) that matched, and went around the edges of the window frame. That covered any raw wood or wallpaper. However, for my next project -- AHA -- I found this... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cpNFymklFqM/TCGZ_z5HQmI/AAAAAAAALfQ/O14-Et9Kas8/s1600/SM2_9709.jpg

Don't ask me where I got it, I can't remember -- but I saved the image. See how the wallpaper was not trimmed away around the window, but will fold around the edge of the window! Clever, huh?

The Garfield blog that the picture came from is http://thegarfieldblog.blogspot.com/

The blogger is a member here but I can't remember her name.

Thanks, Pam, for sharing that. I wish I knew or could remember whose blog that was, because some of the work was awesome! That was the blog where I saw river stones used in the back where there is no latticework supplied for the Garfield, and the effect is absolutely stunning! Kudos to that builder, whoever he/she is and I hope this is read by that person!

I had a dream the night before I got the Buttercup, that I had a lilac room -- it was so vivid (and gorgeous) that I was about to redo one of the bedrooms!!! Now, I don't have to. I have another little house to decorate. Oh, what fun this is!

Yup, here it is... http://thegarfieldblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/river-rock-foundation.html

Isn't that stunning? As soon as I saw that, I knew I wanted to do the same thing. In fact, that's when I decided to forgo the siding that I bought with the kit, and stucco the whole house instead!

Can I cheat and ask... what becomes of that empty space in the master bedroom that is in the corner, just to the left of the tower windows (looking in from the back)? I haven't gotten the roof/gable pieces punched out yet to do a dry fitting, and it looks kind of dumb. I saw one photo where that area was covered with fabric to match the curtains, but I'd sooner cut out a rectangle of wood and wallpaper it to match the rest of the wall. Will I be getting in the way of any of the roofing or anything structural there?

TIA!

Thanks, Pam, for sharing that. I wish I knew or could remember whose blog that was, because some of the work was awesome! That was the blog where I saw river stones used in the back where there is no latticework supplied for the Garfield, and the effect is absolutely stunning! Kudos to that builder, whoever he/she is and I hope this is read by that person!

I had a dream the night before I got the Buttercup, that I had a lilac room -- it was so vivid (and gorgeous) that I was about to redo one of the bedrooms!!! Now, I don't have to. I have another little house to decorate. Oh, what fun this is!

Speaking of dreaming about your dollhouses, I wonder if anyone is like me and the last thought on my mind when I go to sleep is the dollhouses and the first thought when I wake up. strange huh?

Yup, here it is... http://thegarfieldbl...foundation.html

Isn't that stunning? As soon as I saw that, I knew I wanted to do the same thing. In fact, that's when I decided to forgo the siding that I bought with the kit, and stucco the whole house instead!

That house is so gorgeous. I have saved it in my favorites. I think she is making individual bricks isnt she? I am thinking of doing stucco on the outside instead of siding as it will be cheaper and I like it anyway.

Can I cheat and ask... what becomes of that empty space in the master bedroom that is in the corner, just to the left of the tower windows (looking in from the back)? I haven't gotten the roof/gable pieces punched out yet to do a dry fitting, and it looks kind of dumb. I saw one photo where that area was covered with fabric to match the curtains, but I'd sooner cut out a rectangle of wood and wallpaper it to match the rest of the wall. Will I be getting in the way of any of the roofing or anything structural there?

TIA!

I just taped my roof on to mark for fabric matches ya k now get the same on each wall in a room lol Anyway the roof covers that hole, so you just paper that area on the inside. do a dry fit and mark it and put the same wallpaper there that is in your master bedroom. the top floor of this house is complicated!