Ideas Needed

kellee

I have started slowly working on the A Frame (Guest House). I dont have any ideas on the house... What should it be. ? What would you do with it if you had it.?

I took the "real" flooring up and now the plywood is sticky... So I have no clue what to do... Was thinking of Popsicle sticks... for the floor.... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.!

in my gallery here .... My Gallery

Thank you

kellee

A guest house would have comfy furniture in living room and a kitchenette. Upstairs a wonderful bedroom and bathroom. The work bench in the garage needs some tools and a couple cans of something. I took the idea from John Reid to make cans from pencil eraser metal part, grabbed a paint can photo (with screen capture using Greenshot program/it's free if you don't have one) and glued on. It's okay but not as good as I would like. For my 1" scale maybe I need larger and I know just the thing. I can use syringe outer part cut to size. yayy!! Talking something out always helps. :doh:

someone will be along to advise on floor. I use so much Real items like linoleum and my porch is real home flooring.

I will watch to see what is said 'cause I really am nosey. haha

LindaC

I really like the iron-on wood veneer for flooring. The house looks enough like a 1960 plat house that if I were into post-WWII eras that's how I'd go, with either avocado or goldenrod kitchen appliances and a monster clucky TV in the liningroom with beanbag chairs and really horrid colored shag carpet.

Well, its no longer a guest house.! :) That is how the previous owner explained it... I just dont know what to do with it... Everything has been removed and I am trying to figure out what to do. I have someone interested in purchasing it for her in home child care so I dont want to put too much into fancy stuff that will just get broke. She has given me no imput other than she wants it and she wants it for the kids she babysits.!

But I have no clue where to go with it. What woud you do? how would you decorate it? what colors would you use ? what type of flooring downstairs? would you paint the roof black or add millions of shingles.?

Thank You

Kellee

If it's going to be played with, I wouldn't add shingles. In fact, other than covering up the sticky floor (a piece of real life linoleum -- a single piece of stick-down tile would do it), I wouldn't do much to it other than cleaning it up. Include a selection of furniture. See if she still wants it.

ohhhh I see............ yep clunky furniture and no shingles. kids would tear them off.

maybe make it a day care center?? nap pads are easy with fabric and light filler. cans of crayolas...... there's that can thing again. haha you could make crayolas with inside of pen plastic and just paint the plastic different colors. oops that's pretty tiny though delete that thought or someone will put them in their mouth. That's the fear here with anything.

Most collectible sites say for kids over 14............... so dunno.

For a daycare toy, paint it glossy offwhite inside & out with a piece of RL vinyl tile for the floor. The day care owner can let the kids use blocks or invest in Melissa & Doug furniture for it. I would remove any windows & doors and leave the openings.