Added to my gallery

Gayle

This is great! The plants are wonderful. And I like how you did the upstairs as living quarters. How did you do the roof? If it's in the gallery, please just point me back there. I got so excited looking at the pics, I didn't read any comments with the pics. I'm curious as I have a brimbles kit and want something orther than shingles. Yours reminds me of metal roofs so I just wondered how you did it.

Thank you

The wicker furniture was made by none other than our very own Wendy aka Wenlaine. I've had it for a couple of years before I finally found the perfect spot for those special pieces. They just added so much to the house.

The roof was done with a T-square, small framing square (to draw the lines) and string, the kind used to wrap around packages being shipped. Once the glue dried, I painted it.

The inspiration for the blinds came from the New England Miniature blog. She posted a tutorial for non-working Venetian blinds that I used. They were such fun to make.

Thank you for the lovely comments, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I just wanted to add, I did cross stitch the rug under the sofa. The rug by the bed was a gift from Wendy and her magic fingers. The picture is a thumb-nail from the back of a Thomas Kincaid calendar. I just used 1/4" molding from Lowe's to make the frame. The palm trees on the front porch are from Hobby Lobby but the pots are candle cups. The cactus plants were in a box lot I purchased from someone (I can't remember who) but the rest of the plants I made last year. Some are made from crepe paper, some are punched and the rest are made from floral tape.

The bird houses, gloves displayed behind the counter, seed packets on the counter and the gardening books are printies. The blue & white 'pots' on the shelf were found in an antique shop and were from a Japanese tea set I think or they could have been for saki. The terra cotta pots are from Michael's. The peg board behind the counter is actually a peg board made from thin bass wood. Once I started drilling the little holes, I couldn't stop until all were done. The hooks are head pins, glued in from the back and cut down. The sun catchers were printies also but I glued them to a piece of scrap transparency and added a piece of sewing thread for hanging.

Ooo! thank you, thank you for the roof tip! And again, your Brimbles is just great. Driling your own mini pegboard -- I'm afraid you have WAAAAAAYYYY more patience than I do - haha!

OK, the dialup's cooperating this AM and I get to get a look. You have been busy! Where did you find your birdbath? Mine was originally a wedding cake decoration, but the little figure on mine was playing a flute. Did you make the potted cacti? They look SO real! And the upstairs! All that wicker! and the Thomas Kinkaide picture on the wall. I feel like I know your grandparents! No wonder you've been so quiet!