Need ideas for Allison

stefanib123

I got my Allison by Artply yesterday and I really like it. Its has a cute porch upstairs and down, so I'm thinking it would be good for 2 separate spaces, like I was thinking maybe a dress shop downstairs with the single woman proprietor living upstairs? Its a great house for things like that.

I need some ideas, though for it. What else would work like that? The upstairs has its own doors going to the upstairs porch and I'm going to bash it some and make an outside stairway going to it.

So, what else would work like that, with making it 2 separate spaces? Any ideas?

ETA: I would love to see everyone's shops they have made, no matter what they are!

I built this house and really liked it, especially the second floor room on the right with the cathedral ceiling which I used for a bedroom and made the door there a fixed window. That opening would be really nice with stained glass. The porches are really nice too. I loved having a porch off my kitchen. The house is fairly sturdy too. The third floor room is a low ceiling-ed room which I used for a crib and rocker. Have fun, whatever you decide to do.

When I saw Allison I thought it was the real good toys one. This one is even cuter! I'd never seen it before, had to google it. Maybe you could use the stairs that were released for the Spring Fling this year? And the bottom left window looks like it would be easy to bash it into a large bay/display window for a shop.

There was one on etsy awhile back,decorated as a Christmas house or shop, it was really really cute as a Christmas house with all of the railing decorated. Might still be on etsy.

Kabrina, I'll have to look at those stairs, haven't seen them, Im ashamed to admit! I couldn't even consider entering so I haven't looked at it. Off to see!

Karin, I think I saw that one when googling around. The porches would be great for Christmas decorating, any decorating!

I think I will go with the dress shop downstairs, do a little bashing here and there.....

I have an Artply Allison - kind of in rehab. It is a cute little house.

I love the idea of the outside stairway - especially since it means that you wouldn't have to have stairs inside. The rooms are small and more space would be welcome; I would actually consider the house somewhat underscaled.

That said, it would make a very cute little dress shop. I look forward to seeing what you do with it! :)

Unless your heart is set on making the downstairs into a shop you could make it an apartment house. When I built the Orchid for the Team Orchid blog I made it into a general store with living quarters for the family upstairs.

If you're going to use it as a shop, I would do the stairs on the outside, if you have to have stairs, because as was said, the rooms are on the small side. I made my Tennyson into a shop on the first floor, and living quarters upstairs. I love the idea of women running businesses out of their homes!