I am not the sanest person in the world.

Starfire

Well I am back after a round of bad computer problems, a death in the family, and two flying trips home and back and a number of major car repairs. Real life can get your personal one in a real knot.

I finally am working on my miniatures again and it seems like it has been months since I have been able to do anything. The idiot part :D refers to my "next project" which germinated on one of the flights I recently had to make. My seat mate had one of those computers that lets you watch movies and he was watching FOTR LOTR. I was bored and watched too. I got to looking at the set for Elronds library and am going to attempt to do it in 1:24 scale. I have done the floor plan and made adjustments to simplify to the actual layout so I can do it. I have made detailed sketches of the terrace screen and all of the various columns and have figured out those I will have to cast in resin and those to use paperclay for. I am collecting the stuff and will have to attempt some figure sculpting for a tower and the Narcil figure. Also have yet to figure out the roof line on the building. I have pretty well figured out the layout of the ground floor and where the placement of the bookcases go in the back of the set. I have figured out with reasonable confidence where the paintings go on the upper level and at some point will have to make little copies of some battle flags, armor and weapon. My husband is just shaking his head at this point. :D

My other projects have been on hold but I have finished shingling the roof of my Monteclair after dyeing the wood shingles (all 2000 of them) :D . I finally dug out the wiring plan I did six months ago and hopefully will get that done. Then there is the rest of the kitchen cabinets and furniture to finish, well you get the picture. I am looking at the tudor coaching house and castle and two houses sitting there sullenly looking at me and asking me when I am going to get to them. :D I can only lower my head and promise "soon". :) Is anyone as unfocused as me?

Sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having - sounds like a pretty good reason to be unfocussed for a while. But as to the question if others are? I sure am! I've got Way more plans than I have time for and somedays I can stay on track real well but most days the real life really has a way of breaking my concentration and focus. My projects that are sitting here waiting for me.. a gypsy caravan that has waited a whole year to be completed and still isn't. A castle that I promised I'd work on in June.. and just sits there mocking me as if to say "June huh?.. as in June of 07maybe?" heh oh yea things come up. I can only keep telling myself that disorganization is a miniaturists worst enemy and keep battling my disorganized habbits until hopefully one day I learn to be a neat tidy, orderly and organized guy :D .. well that's the plan. :)

-David

I've got too mant things on the go, the Garf is facing me, not literally it's downstairs, the Nostromo, Serenity, now I've just got a Logan's Run Sandman Gun replica made from machined aluminum, which was a whopping $350, but well worth it, it's awesome. And I know the paint they used on the original film props. :)

Welcome back Starfire! Yes life can get a bit overwhelming especially when you have 4 houses calling your name from the garage saying "Pick Me" or "Finish me next please" and then you decide instead to open yet ANOTHER kit or start another project to add to the chorus :) will I ever learn????? Nope

Doogster, hurry up with that Garfield Man! You are really procrastinating...Sheesh (As if I can point fingers :D :D )

:) Is anyone as unfocused as me?

Starfire, I'm pretty new to the forum, but I've realized that so many of us here are very right-brained, and that automatically means that focusing (for very long) is NOT one of our strong points! Don't give yourself a guilt trip...instead, just smile sweetly at your houses and tell them how lucky they are to have you designing them!! Sounds like they're getting a little too sassy for their own good!

Hope life will be treating you a little better in the near future!

Hey Starfire! Welcome back!! I'm sorry to hear that real life has handed you so many problems lately. It's good to have you back in the mini world where the stress of the real world can be set aside for a little while.

I don't think you're unfocused at all. I think you're a very creative person who has a lot of ideas in progress. And the great thing about that is that you're never going to be sitting around the house feeling bored and thinking, "what can I do today?". :)

It's good to have you back.

Deb

Welcome back!!

I have done something really simple that makes me keep on track with what I have to do. I write a list and put in on the fridge. I do not start anything new that isnt on the list. And I cross the things off as I finish them.

I have 3 houses to do (orchid is being done now), my swap items, plus there is life stuff going on as well. Sometimes I have to shake my head and go Blahhahahaahaa! Just to shake out the cobwebs so i can get back on track.

You can have so many things going on that you just dont do anything.

Welcome back :D

Starfire you definately aren't alone. The past week I'm lucky that the men in the white coats didn't show up to take me away :p . I have my garfield and harrison sitting down stairs calling to me, tons of sewing projects that are pinned but not finished, and then I paint ceramics which I have close to 30 different ones sitting one a shelf also calling me :lol: :( . Then on top of all those my dad has a dollhouse one of his friends gave him to give to my DD, I haven't seen it yet but he told me what it looks like and I have already figured out what I want to make it, depending on the size :D . But you have take family and real life first and put all other things on the back burner, but you always know that you have something to calm you down when you do have time for yourself. ;)

I feel very unfocused recently. Although I don't have serious life issues going on right now, I am being diverted by kitchen re-modeling (real life) that is not going well at all. And the build on the MHM is not happening exactly to plan, I am upgrading the porch railings and so on and so on.......

So Starfire, it appears that you have lots of company.