Can someone help me with directions?

minifan

What does this mean?

"Bring the edge of the front all the way out to cover the tips of the clapboard profile on the Right side. It is a common oversight to leave looseness between parts when attaching the Right Front, then again when building the tower and Gable...and the builder gets to the Left Front and it doesn't line up very well, and all the glue is set. Keep everything tight to the right starting now."

HAHAHA Kathie!!! :)

@Audra - No, this is where you attache the right front panel to the main body...

At this point the floors are sticking out the front by 1/8 of an inch...so I thought it meant to bring the right side of the front panel and line it up with the right side of the house...?

When I see an instruction like this I have to read it over and over and over......and over, and look at the pictures at the same time. Did you figure it out yet? I don't know what house you're working on. Do you have the "directions" pictures?

Amanda it sounds to me that it would mean to make sure that the edge of your front panel is evenly lined up with the tips of the of the lap siding on the right wall......so don't let the points of the lap siding stick out further than your front right edge. There should then be a corner trim piece that would finish off the corner. Does that make any sense to you. They want to make sure that your house is tight and square so that it doesn't create issues of alignment for the rest of your house. It's hard to explain without pictures :)

Amanda it sounds to me that it would mean to make sure that the edge of your front panel is evenly lined up with the tips of the of the lap siding on the right wall......so don't let the points of the lap siding stick out further than your front right edge. There should then be a corner trim piece that would finish off the corner. Does that make any sense to you. They want to make sure that your house is tight and square so that it doesn't create issues of alignment for the rest of your house. It's hard to explain without pictures :)

I looked at the complete set of instructions and I agree with Amands. A picture would have been nice in the directions. Maybe in the future they could add one. RGT is very helpful if you contact them, which is what I would do.

Let us know what it meant. Janet

• 8 months later...

LOL I am trying my hand at my first sewing-from-a-pattern project and - talk about inscurtable instructions and unfamiliar terms!! -

The instructions here are reminding you that, to come out even on the left, you have to start in the correct place on the right and keep all of the parts tight from right to left. The "tips of the clapboards" is the part of the board shape of the wall that sticks out the farthest. On the right Sidewall, that's where to line up the edge of the Right Front, just as Amnda said.