Hbs Fall Catalogue

Missymew

I haven't received HBS Fall Catalogue yet. I've got an order I'd like to place and wondered if there were any discount codes available for this weekend? If not, I'll just use some discount dollars.

Thanks.

-Susanne

I have the fall catalog in front of me and the only thing that I can see is on the back cover:

20% off room box and display box kits"

Offer expires 9/15

It also covers page 15 in the catalog whic would be the room boxes and the consevatory kits.

I hope this helps,

Wen

Hi, Susanne, like Wen said there's only 20% off of room boxes and conservatories.

I have an order to place too and am waiting for a sale, probably won't happen until end of August or September. Don't know if I can wait that long! <_<

Do most people order their miniature items from HBS?

One of the items I ordered from them last time (whey they had that 20% off sale), was a clay tools set. Then just a couple days ago I was at Michael's getting some other tools/supplies I needed and saw the exact same tool set I bought through HBS, but $4.00 less. *sigh*

Oh, well. :)

Hi Brenda,

I figure it's like anything else - you have to shop around. HBS has some Awesome Stuff! And some good prices .. but sometimes their price can be higher than a competator - it happens so I shop around ALL around :D from Yard Sales and Swap Meets to Lapidary shops where "doll sculpting tools" are called "Wax carving tools" and are about half the price of any miniature shop I've seen. So you just have to look and make your best guess and buy where you feel comfortable shopping :)

-David :D

Thank you. :)

Yeah, I guess I have to get out of the mindset that the only place I can buy miniature items are through miniature shops or supply warehouses like HBS. Since there isn't a dollhouse miniatures shop near me (that I know of), I've just been buying exclusively from HBS.

But I guess other stores carry items that can be used for dollhouses too. :D

Do most people order their miniature items from HBS?

No, a lot of us order some things from them and other things we don't. I love HBS and Michaels and Hobby Lobby and eBay :D

Yeap too many places to shop for this addicting hobby :)

I went to Milwaukee today to my favorite dollhouse store and their prices were just a tad bit higher than HBS. I figured with shipping, I probably saved, but then Brian said with $15 in gas, it's probably cheaper to buy from HBS and pay the shipping. Oh well, it's a day out and we got to stuff ourselves at 'Fuddrucker's'! :) Also, they didn't have all the items I wanted so I still have to buy from HBS!!

I also love Michael's and HL for building and decorating supplies. HL has some miniatures, but they never have what I'm looking for except occasionally . . . and then again, sometimes they have things that I'm not looking for that I buy anyway!! :D And don't get me started on eBay!! :D

:)

yes, ebay! i was checking that out too, mainly for japanese miniatures as it seems to be a hard find.

i never heard of Hobby Lobby. is that a chain store like Michael's? (i live in washington state)

thanks Kathie! wow, that would be quite a drive for me!!! :)

i just checked out their website and it looks like they have an online catalog too. i wish Michael's would offer dollhouse miniatures. they have a itsy bitsy teeny weeny section of minis, but i think they're of low quality. i bought a couple of mini magazines there a few weeks ago.

I just wanted to say something about buying supplies....

when I first started I did not have my wheelchair so going to Hobby Lobby was out for me.

all of my supplies for my first houses came almost exclusivly from the wal-mart craft section.

I did have a couple of pint cans of paint mixed at first...but now I mix my own from the craft paints and a gal of white interior paint. using baby food jars,mayo or pickle jars to keep it in while Im building.

I also mixed my own textured paint.

I have used the square dowels for extra support and skinny sticks and craft stick(popsicle and tounge depressor) for many a project. like chair rail, window trim, risers for staircase that only came with steps.

I very rarely order from HBS...I do most of my furniture shopping on e-bay as I like my things to be unusual

and different. when I do order from them I ususally wait for a sale to buy the things like baseboards and chair rails and crown moulding. scrapbook paper makes wonderful wallpaper if you find some that is in scale and meets your approval.

miniature supplies do not have to come from a miniature store. I also use upolstery material for carpeting.

not that I dont LOVE shopping at HBS coz they have some great items!

nutti :)