What sanding sealer do I use?

MiniCrazy

I'm working onmy first house and I now must start sanding. I'm working on vintage VH-600 with the tounge and groove siding. I'm afraid I will sand off the edges of the siding so I thought if I use sanding sealer it would strengthen it enough but I'm not sure if I should use a water base or a laquer base. If I use a water base will it warp my walls? If I use a laquer base will latex paint adhear to it?

Can some of you share your experience with me on this subject. I love this house and the last thing I want to do is screw up the finish. I have several of the walls together and so far it is going great.

Thank you

Cheryl, if you are going to use water-based latex paint on the house, do use a water-based sanding sealer. If it appears to be warping, paint the dry side with a similar amount of plain water. (Don't drown either side.) As the sealer and the water dry, the piece should stay flat.

Since several walls are already glued in place, this will also minimize warping.

I used Deft clear sanding sealer, back when I still used sanding sealer, and then I sanded the wall when the sealer dried, and the latex primer stuck to it OK. Then I discovered that stain or primer do the job without using sanding sealer, since I use a fairly light touch with sanding.

• 2 weeks later...