Willietts resin furniture

IrishMist

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with Willits resin furniture? I saw some for sale online, and they have some very interesting art deco pieces, but being resin, I am leary of getting it. Does anyone know if it looks real in person? Or does it look plasticy <_< yes, I made up that word! ;)

Thanks!

Carol

are you talking about the "Take a seat" chairs?

I have several of these and LOVE them.

they are mostly in scale and really go nicely in most dollhouse decor.

somewhere I have a link where someone has used them by themselves in a setting

gimme sec......

http://community.webshots.com/album/48263063fxHfje

I used to be in mini club with this talented lady! and Im sure some of you will know her from her metal minis she sells

I have about 8 or 9 of these chairs but still dont have the 2 that I covet most!

nutti <_<

I've never heard of Willits - I thought the Take A Seat chairs were by Raine.. I could very easily be wrong though. I do know the Take A Seat chairs look great though. There are a few I've really Really been tempted to get especially after seeing them in person. They really do look good!

-David

Not familiar with Willets, tho' I do have several pieces of resin furniture that don't look "plasticy" at all. I do like them because of the extreme detail they can get on them. <_<

Thanks for all the opinions. I have seen these before but never paid much attention to them because they were resin. The seller is calling them Willett's resin Take a Seat furniture, so I just assumed that was the proper name. Will have to check out the other maker's name.

Thanks!

Carol

Mystery solved heheh - now don't I just feel silly - Here I was thinking Raine was the manufacturer - I"m going to have to look in the shops to see what other stuff Raine designs cause those chairs are awesome! If her shoes are the ones I'm thinking of they carry them at places like the Halmark stores right? I know I've seen shoes in there and even though I'm not a shoe collecting kinda guy :blink: (now that would be different) - I did notice some very stylish ones when we were looking at the ceramic cows and horses (the ones that are all painted differently.. like the cow that's done up like the Yellow Submarine... I wonder who designs those they're very cool. And it's good to know who makes the chairs too! Now I can ask for them by the Maker :lol:

Oh and Carol you asked how they looked - I should have said in my last post that I saw one of the office chairs in person and I did Not believe it was resin until I picked it up! It looked like wood and leather even up close!

-David

Thanks for the "up close and personal" opinion David. They look so real on the net pic, but I was worried they would look like that plastic furniture from the 50/60s.

It's SOOOOOO hard to find art deco furniture, so I think I will have to give them a try!

Thanks!

Carol