Starting a San Franciscan soon!

I'll be starting a older un opened Dura craft SanFranciscan model SF555 soon. Ive never built a dollhouse before but i think its going to be a good fun project. i will undoubtably be looking for guidance before this is over..i look forward to speaking with many of you more knowlagable than me! B)

Good Luck! There are so many people here who know so much and are very willing to help you shouldn't have a problem. I love that house, although I've never built one and wouldn't have a place to put it LOL... I'd love to see your progress pictures.

Jon, if you have the instruction booklet, what you need to know is there. All the longframe and other wood pieces have end-cut diagrams in full size, so you will know what you need, or can rout it, and all the lengths are how many pieces of milled tongue & groove siding are listed for you. One thing I wish I'd known to do that I'd do now is to smooth spackling compound over the interior "seams" where the tongue & groove joins were, to make perfectly flat, smooth surfaces for paint & wallpaper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was given this kit partically started. I did not have the instructions but found them online. I am having a problem with the tower back walls, I am hoping if I get past that I can get moving. I realy like this house and want to get it finished for my granddaughter.

Having fun miniing!!

Janie