HELP!!- Looking for instructions for San Franciscan SF 550

krystal081

Hi Everyone- Brand spankin newbie here, just purchased my first dollhouse on ebay, and the darn thing doesn't have any instructions. I'm a wee bit too much of a perfectionist to even try to do this thing without the instructions, so does anyone know where there might be copies of these on the web? Or would anyone be willing to email me? If snail mail is the only way, I am more than willing to pay for postage.

On a happier note, I've spent the last 1 1/2 hours reading all kinds of topics on this forum, and I have to say that this is the nicest, most supportive forum that I have ever visited. I've gotten some great insight into what a project I'm about to undertake. Hopefully it won't be too frustrating ;) I have a feeling that as I get started, my husband is going to want to help, so hopefully it will be a help and not a hinderance :D.

Anywho, anyone that could help with this problem would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks, and have a great night!

Welcome to the forum Krystal! I haven't done the San Fran yet, but there are quite a few here that have and may be able to point you in the direction of the directions.

I have a feeling that as I get started, my husband is going to want to help, so hopefully it will be a help and not a hinderance

Oh, that's easy. Just hand him a package of emery boards and a huge pile of fussy bits of trim that need to be sanded. Unless he has a very long attention span, he'll be out of your hair in an hour! ;)

Congrats on getting a San Franciscan. That's truly a beautiful house!

Deb

That was my first kit to build (for DGD) & both the instructions & video are long gone, alas! (Who knew back then the company would go belly-up?) Someone here will surely be able to help you, wish it could've been me.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Welcome to the Forum Krystal! I hope you get your instructions soon and isn't that the one that also came with a VHS tape on how to assemble it (It's the older one not made of MDF, right)?

You might want to go to ebay and do a "want it now" ad letting people know you are looking for it. Who knows, someone o ebay may have it too with the tape ;)

I LOVE turrets and that one has a really nice one on top!

Krystal!

I have your instructions! I am so glad I found this forum! I have been online at least 12 hours (not in a row!) trying to find out how to get missing pieces replaced to the San Franciscan 555. I went to a community garage sale and found this vintage unmade house still in the box, when my little daughter saw it, she was so excited she started to shake and cry, so of course I bought it! I brought it home and saw that someone had started seperating all of the pieces all ready, but they did not put all of the large pieces back in the box :o I was hoping that maybe if I could copy these instructions and send them off to you, maybe you could measure the dimensions of the pieces I'm missing and we could build our houses with each others help ^_^

I am still hoping to hear from Dollproperties.com to see if they still send out missing pieces, if not any help you could give would be very much appreciated by a very over anxious little girl!

Hi Jenni and Krystal ^_^

Welcome, I hope you both find what you are looking for so you can start on your future addiction! Everybody in this community is great. So helpful and supportive. When you do finally get started PLEASE send some pictures. I find that pictures help so much with new ideas.

Jenni:

I would be glad to help!! I got my house off of ebay, so here's hoping all of my pieces are included!! ^_^ But, please just email me any pieces you are missing, and I will gladly measure them for you. Also, I've got a digital camera, so I can always take pics of pieces too! Also, thank you for offering to send me the instructions, I'll pm you my address. Thanks!

Krystal,

It just caught my eye that you have the SF 550, I have plans for the SF 555. Are they the same? Does anyone elso in the forum know if they are the same? I will go ahead and still send them to you maybe they will help or be close enough to guide you through?

Jenni

Jenni,

I just started working with my daughter on the 555 model and realized the instructions are missing! (Not hard to believe since I bought the kit when she was a baby and she is now 10!) If you have the directions available, I would love to have a set, the only ones I could find online were for the 557. THANK YOU! Shannon

• 2 weeks later...