1860's Sampler

beautiful 1860 bucks co. farmhouse you have as inspiration-- do you plan to fix up the jefferson in period? the sesquicentennial for the civil war is approaching. we were watching "gettysburg" for the umpteenth time last night. bee

Very pretty! I've been wanting to do one of those in mini but I have a bad habit of losing my sewing projects.

I broke myself of losing my sewing projects. It involved finding one by sitting on it. That's a pretty good motivator for keeping track of those things!! ;)

Deb

beautiful 1860 bucks co. farmhouse you have as inspiration-- do you plan to fix up the jefferson in period? the sesquicentennial for the civil war is approaching. we were watching "gettysburg" for the umpteenth time last night. bee

Yes Bee -- I've been collecting pictures of period rooms & furnishings and on the hunt for items that will work. I found a civil war rifle that I'm going to hang above the fireplace! I have a friend that is going to crochet doilies and stuff for me {heck, when they offer -- I'm taking them up on it!} I'm going to make quilts for the beds -- things like that. I've already started piecing the attic floor using the lap siding that came with the kit. It really looks like rough sawn lumber! (is that a word? looks funny! ;) )

Thanks for all the comments on my Jefferson. I can't begin to tell you how many ideas I have gotten just from reading here. I may not post much, but that's because I'm reading back posts! I just finished reading on the swaps and hope to get in on one of those soon!

it should be beautiful when you're done-- if dollhouses are ever done! i've had my oldest house over 15 years. every room has been papered at least twice. there are three additions-- and MAYBE three (nearly) completed rooms. until i decide to change them again ;) . Bee

I broke myself of losing my sewing projects. It involved finding one by sitting on it. That's a pretty good motivator for keeping track of those things!! ;)

Deb

I imagine that would get the point across :D:p

Currently, I have two 1/12th pillow tops that are MIA and one 1/12th rug that just resurfaced after a two year disappearance. I refuse to start any new scale sewing projects until the pillow tops return!