List of 1/2" scale swaps for August through January

CatColorado

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terri is smallhouset, my fault for putting both her screen name and her real name in the same post. Sorry for confusing you. Melanie is shakyshaky.

Phew! Thanks for the clarification. Glad to know I haven't lost it after all ... at least not yet! <_<

I read so many posts that I lose track of screen/real names ... too much for this old gray head! B)

• 3 weeks later...
November: Christmas

Number to make/ship: 4

Ship by third week of November

Hub is Terri

CatColorado

dollshousegirl

shakyshaky

smallhouset

KathieB

Okay ... my swaps are ready to go, as soon as I figure out how to package them and where to send them, and how much $$ to send for postage. Leave it to me to make something fragile ... *sigh* ... but I'll pack it solidly for reshipment.

Okay ... my swaps are ready to go, as soon as I figure out how to package them and where to send them, and how much $$ to send for postage. Leave it to me to make something fragile ... *sigh* ... but I'll pack it solidly for reshipment.

Wow! You're raring to go! I wouldn't ship before the cut off date though... there might be additional sign ups or drop outs. Since Terri (smallhouset) is the hub for the November swap, you'll need to get her addy if you don't already have it. Right now, she is up to her eyeballs in Halloween, so it may be a bit before she can get back to you (runs a seasonal shop). She'll be easier to reach after the 31st.

Return shipping is $5, with the excess returned to you.

Wow! You're raring to go! I wouldn't ship before the cut off date though... there might be additional sign ups or drop outs. Since Terri (smallhouset) is the hub for the November swap, you'll need to get her addy if you don't already have it. Right now, she is up to her eyeballs in Halloween, so it may be a bit before she can get back to you (runs a seasonal shop). She'll be easier to reach after the 31st.

Return shipping is $5, with the excess returned to you.

Okay ... will pack 'em up and get ready to send at the appointed time. When does this swap close? I thought it already had. I made a couple extra, but if any more folks sign up, I'm just going to be short as I don't have any more materials.

Hi

I have never swapped here and not to sure how it goes but would like to join the November swap for Christmas and January Swap for Nautical/travel if I can.

Is there any requirements? Any rules? If so where would I find those and any other information I need?

Thanks,

Kay

Hi

I have never swapped here and not to sure how it goes but would like to join the November swap for Christmas and January Swap for Nautical/travel if I can.

Is there any requirements? Any rules? If so where would I find those and any other information I need?

Thanks,

Kay

Hi Kay ... this should give you the information you need:

Swap Guidelines

The Christmas and Nautical swaps are for 1/2" items.

Okay, gotcha added :thumb:

That brings us to 6 to ship to the hub for the 1/2" Christmas swap by the 3rd week of November; I went ahead and closed the swap a few days early so no one currently signed up would get stressed out over materials and such. If anyone needs to drop out for whatever reason, please notify me by October 31st. Also, if anyone has questions please feel free to post them here, or contact me by PM.

Okay, gotcha added :thumb:

That brings us to 6 to ship to the hub for the 1/2" Christmas swap by the 3rd week of November; I went ahead and closed the swap a few days early so no one currently signed up would get stressed out over materials and such. If anyone needs to drop out for whatever reason, please notify me by October 31st. Also, if anyone has questions please feel free to post them here, or contact me by PM.

Phew! Thanks. I guess getting right on it for a swap isn't such a good idea. There never were closing or drop-out dates posted for this swap. I figured it had closed long ago. Maybe this information should be included for every swap?

I'll have to ship out all I made, including the prototype, and won't get to keep one now. Oh, well ... I'll be getting other goodies back, so that will make up for it.

It's posted in the thread and with everything going on, I keep forgetting to paste it in into the first post. I try to keep the 1/2" swaps informal and flexible to accommodate the most people since these swaps aren't as popular as the 1" ones. Now that we are getting new members, I'll have to switch to the other format.

I'll move the information to the first post now while I am thinking of it.

• 2 weeks later...

yippee !! got 'em done..... i was thinking about pulling out of the xmas swap, had so much other stuff one and couldn't htink of what to make.......... was goingt o post yesterday about pulling out, BUT got inspired, now they are all done

yahoo 6 to ship out, got my $5 bill too..... i am so pleased with them I can't wait to send 'em to you guys,

isn't it strange how when you get inspired things just go like a dream, I finished all six in two days, i was on a roll

LOL just gotta pack 'em up now !! the boring part

yahoo 6 to ship out, got my $5 bill too..... i am so pleased with them I can't wait to send 'em to you guys,

LOL just gotta pack 'em up now !! the boring part

That's cool! Mine have been done for some time. Packing them is a challenge. I may have to use empty soup cans to keep 'em from getting crushed!

Isn't it 5 we're to send out? Don't forget to keep one for yourself!

Y'up, it's only five now because we had someone drop out. I know what you mean about sudden inspiration making everything go more smoothly. Mine are partially done, I just haven't had the time to sit and work on them.

Hi Gayle! I'll get you added into January :banana:

oooo goody! I thought they had gone out on sat before Haloween and than I found them while I was cleaning for Kathy's visit. :yucky: uuggggg I should know better than try to do swaps or anything during Halloween.

Im just glad I wasnt the only hold up.

nutti :banana: