Orchid roof help!

Good morning. I'm having some creative delimas with my orchid roof. I'm making a house for Santa's village, and it's going to be the bakery.

I'm doing the whole outside in reds and white candycane colors and want to do the roof like a gingerbread house. I saw a picture of a real

gingerbread house and she had used thick icing for the pattern. I want to duplicate the white icing look, and have no idea what to use.

Any ideas? I appreciate any and all input! Thanks! :lol:

Could you pipe on spackling compound or some air-dry clay? Then it would hold it's shape after it was piped and you just have to wait for it to dry? I would think anything that air-dries and is thin enough to push through some kind of extruder (weather it be a clay one or actual icing bags or something) would work. I have not tried this but the first thing I thought of was patching plaster or something through an icing bag with a tip.

You wouldn't have to pipe on the spackle, just spread it with a putty knife like frosting a RL gingerbread house; although I think I'd prime the roof white first. I used the polyester fiberfill sheet sold for Christmas villages to make a snow-covered roof for my White Orchid Christmas house:

gallery_8_2916_216960.jpg

Lol, you were imagining just fine! :lol: I got a stecil from ACMoores today, kind of a fleur de lis, and might just paint the pattern on,

flatness-n-all.

How is your dragonfly coming?

Edited by Mindysminis

Thanks Mindy! There are more pictures in my gallery, you can click the picture above to get to it. The inside is decorated, but not furnished yet. I don't quite have the complete vision done yet. It probably will have Santa and Mrs. Claus in it, definitely Mrs. Claus. She will probably be baking, and there will be lots of sweets, candies, gingerbread around. And a big decorated tree, decorated with candy and gingerbread, and a train underneath. Santa would be upstairs, about to go to bed, checking his list.

Spackle is I guess a little thicker than frosting, but still should squirt out okay I would think. I think someone has done that, but can't think who at the moment. Maybe Casey.

Can't wait to see yours! I love Christmas and gingerbread houses!

You all are awesome! I love all the different ideas!

Tracy, your ideas for your house sound great! I have a similar set up in my first house where Mrs. Claus is baking cookies, and Santa is infront of the fireplace checking his list. I have a few pics posted in my gallery (I think ...us non-technical people can never be sure... lol )

Thanks Tracy! I need more houses for all the elves to live in lol. They seem to be taking over :)

Well I started stenciling my roof, not sure that I love it, and not sure if I want to cover the whole roof or not. I'll try to post pics of it tonight so I can get your input. We are having huge storms here and tornado warnings, so I'll see how long we have power. :lol: I'll have to craft by candle light :D